ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I think this guy was part of the first Rivian R1T overnight "adventure" sponsored by Rivian. As I remember, he had to change a tire on the rocky trail. His R1T has over 10,000 miles and he uses it as a work truck a reasonable amount.

June 25, 2023

Don't make me watch it, what 3 things didn't he like?

Water in the driver door. Dirt gets in the frame on top of the battery compartment. I forget the third. I don't think it was a biggie

Water in the driver door. Dirt gets in the frame on top of the battery compartment. I forget the third. I don't think it was a biggie

Not good

My concern would be snow/salt sitting on that battery compartment. I've seen unbelievable corrosion with this in Subie's. It's fine when under factory warranty, but after that, no bueno.

Not good

My concern would be snow/salt sitting on that battery compartment. I've seen unbelievable corrosion with this in Subie's. It's fine when under factory warranty, but after that, no bueno.
It's when you put the gravel in the truck. When the tail gate is down and you lift it back up leftover dirt slides down into the hinges. Not good

The third was odd and unrelated to the integrity of the car. When he put a metal tape measure on the charging pad for some phones, the car tried to "charge" it.

The water in the door frame isn't that big a deal.

The dirt and whatever else gets hauled ending up in the opening of the hinge . . . that's not good.

This link starts at the point where he starts showing the problem (only need to watch for a minute or two):

The dirt and whatever else gets hauled ending up in the opening of the hinge . . . that's not good.
Used to haul a lot of gravel in the bed of Nissan Frontier beast.
When it was loaded with gravel that thing looked like a low rider.
Didn’t hurt it one bit, but ya had to go slow over any bumps.

Back