ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I didn’t think it was this tilted but reported at 75 suv 25 truck. The truck was prioritized.

What is a direct competitor to the R1S in the U.S. at this point? Meaning 3-row EV SUV. I've seen the Mercedes EQS SUV with a third row of seating but that's in an even higher price bracket.

With Ford making more Lightnings, that feels like it would slow the interest in the R1T.

What is a direct competitor to the R1S in the U.S. at this point? Meaning 3-row EV SUV. I've seen the Mercedes EQS SUV with a third row of seating but that's in an even higher price bracket.

With Ford making more Lightnings, that feels like it would slow the interest in the R1T.
Camp? It is kind of 0. Eqs has a very small third row and no real off-road. I guess in theory it is a competitor.

When some of these planned ev s come out they will be competitors. But right now not really anything.

Here's an interesting concept from Ram. 3rd row jump seats, an extendable bed to 8', and a hybrid powertrain to assist the electric engines deficiencies regarding range, and when pulling a trailer. Yes not fully electric, but currently electric engines have the aforementioned deficiencies.

Happy 4th Y'all!

I didn’t think it was this tilted but reported at 75 suv 25 truck. [/URL]

Yours is an SUV? Sorry I forget.

The payload of the truck is like 1800 lbs which seems odd somehow. I get it, it already weighs 7000 lbs empty, if it gets a heavy duty payload, it's bigger suspension, more batteries, that's even more weight. I think the SUV somehow appeals to a wider audience.

Yours is an SUV? Sorry I forget.

The payload of the truck is like 1800 lbs which seems odd somehow. I get it, it already weighs 7000 lbs empty, if it gets a heavy duty payload, it's bigger suspension, more batteries, that's even more weight. I think the SUV somehow appeals to a wider audience.
SUV.

I'm convinced that the electric part of the hybrid is easy.

You need a good light gas motor that does well for MPG on it's own for a hybrid to shine.

With the 2012 Prius, if you totally hammer it, it will still get 38.

The CRV sucks gas only, sometimes it gets only 20 or 25. I feel more pressure to try to use the battery.

On the upside I never get below 40 driving the CRV around here. 45 sometimes too. The battery can take you more than a mile on it's own under the right conditions. Prius can't do that.

I think this guy was part of the first Rivian R1T overnight "adventure" sponsored by Rivian. As I remember, he had to change a tire on the rocky trail. His R1T has over 10,000 miles and he uses it as a work truck a reasonable amount.

June 25, 2023

I think this guy was part of the first Rivian R1T overnight "adventure" sponsored by Rivian. As I remember, he had to change a tire on the rocky trail. His R1T has over 10,000 miles and he uses it as a work truck a reasonable amount.

June 25, 2023
Yep. I think I may have saw this one . . . .

Back