ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The best mileage I ever noticed on my 2017 gas CRV was a trip from Belleayre to the Sunoco that is down in Kingston on Route 28. It's pretty much downhill all the way and you are forced (to some degree) to drive the speed limit.

One week in and about 800 miles. Starting to get used to the electric. I ride in standard mode soft. Had a problem in north creek Wednesday. Called Rivian they told me how to reset the truck and the problem went away. I laughed it's more computer then vehicle. No buttons in the truck. Much more intuitive than the Acura. Stereo really rocks. It reminds me of the water bugs you see in the creeks. It just zips. working as advertised.

One week in and about 800 miles. Starting to get used to the electric. I ride in standard mode soft. Had a problem in north creek Wednesday. Called Rivian they told me how to reset the truck and the problem went away. I laughed it's more computer then vehicle. No buttons in the truck. Much more intuitive than the Acura. Stereo really rocks. It reminds me of the water bugs you see in the creeks. It just zips. working as advertised.
don't take this the wrong way..I really like the truck, but for 100k any problem at 800 miles is not acceptable...

I just put a Maserati SUV in place I let off at 95
I can confirm 6 months in that does not get old. Driving pretty chill with a 160lb roof top tent, but yeah pretty much no prodution SUV or truck touches these things, and only supercars or racers can beat em. Be ware I have observed some 'Ram rage' - may be that is just normal Long Island drivers. Be safe and continue to have fun!

don't take this the wrong way..I really like the truck, but for 100k any problem at 800 miles is not acceptable...
This is kind of interesting. It sounds like this was just a reset. Driving these things is like driving a Range Rover combined with an iphone. It is just that simple that there is an overwhelming amount of software.

Anyone who owns these is still a beta tester, me included. The issues i have brought up have been resolved except for a part they have to replace (when I turn on my outlets I hear a click sound it should not do that) and I am not sure if it is a rim issue or a motor issue, but on the left rear side I hear noise I should not hear. There is actually a car guy in town who has a rivian so I should just drive him around and see what he says. I have an appointment to fix both but it takes time.

I don't know because I have not had an expensive car, but i think some expensive cars are expensive to maintain. I don't believe that will be the case with the Rivian.

I don't know because I have not had an expensive car, but i think some expensive cars are expensive to maintain.
Definitely true for BMW. My older brother got hooked on them decades ago. Never bought new. Kept each one for quite a while. Has been worried for a while that his mechanic (in DC) is going to retire.

Same for my NM ski buddy (the old bachelor from NYC) who has a Range Rover Sport for ski trips. On his second. Both bought used. Most common issue in the last decade has been having to replace the windshield, which has embedded heating wires. He likes British cars. Has a Jaguar as his primary car when at home.

We have a block party today. I think i am going to fill the frunk with ice and see how it goes. Got an electric grill set up that we tested on father's day eve on the beach that worked quite well.

97B68B42-D25D-4941-B56E-506B470E9E03.jpeg

Back