ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Yeah this is interesting. The second one is the forum I find best for information (though people are kind of mean there). It looks like unlike the others who have announced, Rivian is keeping their CCS port and providing an adapter. I think the big cos have said they will switch ports over time. Of course, Rivian may still do that.

Also interesting is they have committed to their own charging network. I have to think they will back away with that, especially as they try to make their version of the Model 3 launch next year (the R2).

Will probably watch this video again. First one that made the differences between EV connectors and charging software understandable without getting so deep. Actually watched the entire video the first time I found it. Note that it was made before the Rivian announcement on June 20.

June 11, 2023

Coming to a showroom near you?

these are cheap unregulated batteries... as far as I know there has never been a fire with Class 1 ebike..ie throttle less bikes...the city bikes are basically electric motorcycles..most are made in back rooms with the cheapest part and batteries available..

these are cheap unregulated batteries... as far as I know there has never been a fire with Class 1 ebike..ie throttle less bikes...the city bikes are basically electric motorcycles..most are made in back rooms with the cheapest part and batteries available..
Ahhhhh, gotcha.

We did have an entire dealership burn down, here in town, due to a Dewalt lithium battery charging overnight.

It will be interesting to watch EV inventory levels. As the early adopters make their purchases, I think we'll see inventory levels to increase, which will lead to factory incentives. Let the games begin.

So the Sienna is doing almost 35 mpg in mixed driving. Each time I turn it off, it gives a little analysis of that trip and it some times gets as high as 44 mpg supposedly.

I think those digital estimates are pretty accurate. I check them occasionally the old fashioned way.

44 on a single trip is certainly plausible.

Back