ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Anyone have an idea why this is happening now? How does this help Elon?
Somewhere in the middle of this video (relatively short) is a reason that Tesla gains by making NCAS the standard for North America. Sandy Munro hates the CCS connector. His wife loves her Rivian R1S, as does he from a driving and features standpoint. He also owns a Tesla and takes that on long trips.

Note that there is a different most popular charge connector standard in Europe and yet another in Asia. Of course, there are countries where people drive on the other side of the road and need the driver's seat on the opposite side than American vehicles. ;)

June 9, 2023

Last edited:
Kyle of Out of Spec also thinks the Ford and GM announcements to use NCAS means that CCS is dead in the USA. Haven't watched this video yet.

June 9, 2023

Good to see this. It's insane charging is not coordinated yet.

It's like my verizon cell phone not working in the adk. I could almost see a cell tower from the cabin but it's only pumping ATT, so my phone doesn't work.

Federal Tax money - like how Tesla was built. And he constantly complains about the Federal Govt, yet he has benefited more than anybody.

Ever heard of Coda Automotive? The company sold about 100 electric sedans in California in 2012-13 before going bankrupt in May 2013. Out of Spec had a chance to play with one in April 2023. Not the usual story at all.
Kyle has picked up the Coda. Drove a Rivian R1T with a trailer to deliver a car and then loaded the Coda. Went for a drive on the road before loading it. He goes over the the story of how he came to own it for those who didn't see the first two videos.

June 11, 2023

He gets no federal money for his charger's
Wrong.
From Feb 15, 2023:

"U.S. government will pay Tesla to open its charger network to non-Tesla EVs​

Tesla has agreed to open up its charging network to non-Tesla electric vehicles after the U.S. government said it would foot the bill.
Elon Musk, Tesla’s chief executive, promised to provide 7,500 open-access chargers in the U.S. by the end of 2024, according to Biden administration officials. Taxpayer dollars will pay for the conversion of existing Tesla chargers or the construction of new ones to accommodate cars built by Ford, GM, Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, Volkswagen and other electric car makers.

Reactions: MC2
Wrong.
From Feb 15, 2023:

"U.S. government will pay Tesla to open its charger network to non-Tesla EVs​

Tesla has agreed to open up its charging network to non-Tesla electric vehicles after the U.S. government said it would foot the bill.
Elon Musk, Tesla’s chief executive, promised to provide 7,500 open-access chargers in the U.S. by the end of 2024, according to Biden administration officials. Taxpayer dollars will pay for the conversion of existing Tesla chargers or the construction of new ones to accommodate cars built by Ford, GM, Hyundai, Kia, Volvo, Volkswagen and other electric car makers.

I knew that. He isn't getting any money for his charger's. And you sir are a dick. Congrats

Good to see this. It's insane charging is not coordinated yet.

It's like my verizon cell phone not working in the adk. I could almost see a cell tower from the cabin but it's only pumping ATT, so my phone doesn't work.

Odd... I'm up in Lake Placid this morning, and every up here says Verizon is the go-to cell provider.

Back