ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I just saw my first Ford Maverick in the wild. That thing is the perfect size. For me.

So, Toyota... I want a 2-2.4 liter inline four, a turbo, awd hybrid, that beats the mpg rating of the Mav.

MPG aside, what would be a reasonable HP output for something like that?
New Tacoma comes out this week

I see them everywhere. With the go fast on the back it’s very appealing but that adds a lot to the price

Took 10 months but I got it

86B2BAFF-7C9F-4FA8-AB0C-6A2BBC3B863B.jpeg

It already did some van stuff. Lots of room of course.

15EEAA20-9D25-4970-AFF2-87056E2DFD56.jpeg

1A6D80C0-1CF8-439E-A079-496F1B69BCF2.jpeg

I got about 36 mpg on the drive home. Lots of data available - maybe too much

650DF816-67AC-494B-9F41-CF81057BEF5D.jpeg

What is the power train?

ETA: I looked it up. It looks like all 7 models have the same hybrid 2.4L 4 cylinder.

I say sweet.

Last edited:
I'm interested to hear about the vehicles performance. I think you will put it to good use.
I will report back. So far it is just typical minivan - very mannerly and predictable. It has a sport mode and an eco mode but the dealer told us not to use either until we broke it in a little. And of course I’ll let you know how it handles in snow.

And of course, enough room to stretch out- might have to diagonal it

B4DA544F-5DDD-4794-88FF-DA4172B46710.jpeg

I will report back. So far it is just typical minivan - very mannerly and predictable. It has a sport mode and an eco mode but the dealer told us not to use either until we broke it in a little. And of course I’ll let you know how it handles in snow.
My friend who lives in Boston has been very happy with hers. Drove it to Colorado and New Mexico for the past winter when her husband took his sabbatical (science professor) in Boulder and Albuquerque. She considered an SUV but decided she really prefers the indoor space available with a minivan. Had the last minivan for 10 years or so.

@DomB : if you haven't already tried this, here's a look at what charging a Rivian R1T looks like at a Tesla Supercharger. Towards the end, a Ford Lightning showed up. Pretty sure this is in Brewster, NY.

March 1, 2023

Back