ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The list of BEVs that are being advertised as "coming soon" is long enough that it's hard to remember all the companies. Should be interesting to see what 2024 models actually get produced and sold in the next six months. Hadn't heard about the Chevy Blazer EV before. The Chevy Equinox EV is expected in late 2023. The Chevy Silverado EV is supposed to be available before the fall.

April 3, 2023

The list of BEVs that are being advertised as "coming soon" is long enough that it's hard to remember all the companies. Should be interesting to see what 2024 models actually get produced and sold in the next six months. Hadn't heard about the Chevy Blazer EV before. The Chevy Equinox EV is expected in late 2023. The Chevy Silverado EV is supposed to be available before the fall.

April 3, 2023
In five years there will be so many good ev s and little to no price premium.

I read through the report. Actually positive in my book. I think they have a good chance of making.

Fords plant in Tennessee will be finished in 2025. Until then I can't see them producing many lightnings. I saw the plant in Dearborn where they're currently being put together. A Walmart store is bigger.

Where are price cuts frequent? If true I think it would be good. Maybe not for Rivian, but for the category?

The Wall Street Journal reported, “Absent new funding, they face a limited timeline in which to turn a profit before running out of money.” CEO R.J. Scaringe believes he can increase the number of vehicles Rivian makes and cut costs simultaneously. He faces an EV market in which price cuts are frequent. That means he also may have to struggle with lower margins.

The market auctions for Bring a Trailer shows trends.

Last edited:
I don't think this is news. Their losses are narrowing but it is true for some time they have been trading at book value. We'll see. I will say it is a phenomenal vehicle.

This is news for sure:

Harv racks a 77.1 mpg in the Prius on the way to work. All time.

I just saw my first Ford Maverick in the wild. That thing is the perfect size. For me.

So, Toyota... I want a 2-2.4 liter inline four, a turbo, awd hybrid, that beats the mpg rating of the Mav.

MPG aside, what would be a reasonable HP output for something like that?

Back