ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I know exactly what you mean. My video game is to always, at any cost, beat the GPS ETA
Ha, I also try to get it to shave time off the ETA, but it seems like it compensates for that?

My wife wants it. It would be her car.

Don't get me wrong I like it too. It's fun in a different way.

But I am mostly a highway driver these days. Hybrids makes less sense on the highway.

I do like the way the engine shuts off in a traffic jam, like Sunday night on 87 Southbound. But my goal is to stay out of traffic.

First charge on electrify America going well. Pulling 500 miles per hour 204kw.

Attachments

• AA3AB750-0CC9-4BFC-AA51-4A7F78AF63BC.png
    AA3AB750-0CC9-4BFC-AA51-4A7F78AF63BC.png
    260.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 275EDEB6-F952-477C-8779-87F406388061.png
    275EDEB6-F952-477C-8779-87F406388061.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 28
This is the shit that makes me concerned
Thanks for sharing we all need to see this.
There seems to be an issue around the 12 v battery failing that bricks the vehicle. That is unacceptable. A second unacceptable thing is that they did not presume this was warranty - ie trying to charge for the transport. I don’t know what mfg practice on that is but if you are telling ppl it is an adventure vehicle you should pick Ip the tab when a software design issue strands the truck.
I do t know enough about software issues but one key failing of the R is that if the 12 v battery ever dies (at least now) it creates a time bomb where you have a faulty battery that if it dies it bricks the vehicle.
I believe they can software fix this but they sure need to do that.

Thanks for sharing we all need to see this.
There seems to be an issue around the 12 v battery failing that bricks the vehicle. That is unacceptable. A second unacceptable thing is that they did not presume this was warranty - ie trying to charge for the transport. I don’t know what mfg practice on that is but if you are telling ppl it is an adventure vehicle you should pick Ip the tab when a software design issue strands the truck.
I do t know enough about software issues but one key failing of the R is that if the 12 v battery ever dies (at least now) it creates a time bomb where you have a faulty battery that if it dies it bricks the vehicle.
I believe they can software fix this but they sure need to do that.
What concerned me the most was the $4000 transportation fee to be charged by Rivian, but if the owner could wait a few weeks it would only be $2000

That shit is crazy

Bricked?
The only form of transportation I can recall that used that term was the joke about the camel in the dessert.
Sorry - term of art for evs. They are so software dependent that in certain situations if you run afoul of hardware or software glitches, it makes the car literally useless until fixed - ie a giant brick.
A Tesla engineer told me they tore down a rivian and that no matter what I should never let the 12v get run down to 0 as when they did they could not get it to run again.
Rivian can and has. The issue here is it was bricked in the middle of no where and their answe was pay for towing and then we will check if it is a covered issue. No thank you.

Back