ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The shitty 3 speed ’67 chevy pick up I had at Ole Miss didn’t go sometimes in the winter unless it was parked on a hill.
Get her, rolling, pop the clutch, she’d fire up and away we went
Got a new Die Hard for her and later on gave the like new battery to a friend as a wedding present when the clutch finally blew on the ole gal.
Putting the plastic sailboat into & outta Sardis Lake too many times also contributed wear and tear.

Dom did you notice before quirks after last week's update?
I read that story last week. Kinda unsettling. I'm still moving forward when my guide gets back from Vaca.

Camp.. Have you noticed a dip in new car rates?

Dom did you notice before quirks after last week's update?
I read that story last week. Kinda unsettling. I'm still moving forward when my guide gets back from Vaca.

Camp.. Have you noticed a dip in new car rates?
Basically no, but I am pretty careful. Even though not required for any software update 1 I wait a few days to install it after it is released. 2 even though not required I only install them when plugged in.
The Tesla fan guys in mass who posted bashing riv said they got bricked because their car tried to update with battery too low. So I try hard to avoid that.
One time after last update I noticed that when the car unlocked the mirrors did not fold open. I locked and unlocked and no problem. The stated fixes worked well including improving already really good ‘self driving’.
I think it is great you are moving forward and also good you can see the good and the bad. I would ask your guide about this article. They seem to care.

EA app summary of I 95 charge session 9 percent to 70 percent (186 miles) in 36 minutes. Hit 210 kw draw. $38.

This is the newer EA charger
Which is why I stopped here. We rarely do fast food but had McD 25 feet away as a treat for the kids. Car finished charging before we were all done. (We were only 90 miles from home so set to 70 percent charge limit).

Attachments

• 0E458561-7E1C-486A-B184-88739079C46D.png
    0E458561-7E1C-486A-B184-88739079C46D.png
    672.3 KB · Views: 33
EA app summary of I 95 charge session 9 percent to 70 percent (186 miles) in 36 minutes. Hit 210 kw draw. $38.

This is the newer EA charger
Which is why I stopped here. We rarely do fast food but had McD 25 feet away as a treat for the kids. Car finished charging before we were all done. (We were only 90 miles from home so set to 70 percent charge limit).
Sorry $32.04. My 4 per month fee saved me $11 on this charge so will keep paying the fee.

In far more boring news, I got 64.2 in the Prius on the way to work today. That drive, along with the drive to my daughters gym are the mileage winners, that is where the records come from.

I know it's not REAL (you have to drive home from anywhere you go) but it's kind of cool.

One thing I learned is that to get higher than where I am (64.2) it may require more advanced thinking vs "run it in EV as long as you can." I get the battery down to 2 bars (as low as it will go) and the gas engine automatically comes on. There is probably some strategy to get to 70 that requires knowing WHEN to EV.

Back