ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Right? Why is it EVs need to look so weird and dumpy. I don't get it.
I can't speak for VW, but Subie and Nissan margins on their EVs are extremely minimal. At least they are on the dealer end of the business. There's an old saying in this biz, manufactures retail it to dealers and dealers wholesale to the consumer.
I don't think margins are high on (m)any EVs right now. There was outsized inflation on the materials that go into batteries that make up the majority of the cost of a vehicle.

I am running a diesel VW, also. My tank range is easily 650 miles. In the summer it is closer to 800 miles. I do agree that at some point we will be EV.
Jetta shooting brake, 6-speed manual. It's taken some time for me to change my driving style to wring out the mileage. Regularly getting 41 mpg+, 45 was my high-water mark.

Hey Dom, Prius news, best run yet, from home to work, 62.8. It's only 6.6 miles, so. :)

I got about 46 mpg while desperately trying to keep up on the highway heading to the Catskills on Saturday. Basically set cruise at 68, and stuck to the far right unless I had to pass to keep going 68. I went a whole week on less than $30 and it included driving to the Cats and back, plus back and forth to work and Neve's gym, a few days.

That's pretty good MPG for hwy, but the car just can't GO when you need it. Like if I was going 68 in the CRV and needed to go 75 or 78 for a few seconds, no problem. The Prius just ain't havin it.

You have to approach driving differently.

So many cool pick ups in South Africa
Ford has sells a great looking Ranger and Toyota sell somthkg called the Helix.
Zero electric even in JoBurg
Oh gas is around 4.80.

Hey Dom, Prius news, best run yet, from home to work, 62.8. It's only 6.6 miles, so. :)

I got about 46 mpg while desperately trying to keep up on the highway heading to the Catskills on Saturday. Basically set cruise at 68, and stuck to the far right unless I had to pass to keep going 68. I went a whole week on less than $30 and it included driving to the Cats and back, plus back and forth to work and Neve's gym, a few days.

That's pretty good MPG for hwy, but the car just can't GO when you need it. Like if I was going 68 in the CRV and needed to go 75 or 78 for a few seconds, no problem. The Prius just ain't havin it.

Geez.... I can gun the bone stock diesel shooting brake to 90 relatively quickly if I have to pass an idiot or two.

Geez.... I can gun the bone stock diesel shooting brake to 90 relatively quickly if I have to pass an idiot or two.
Everything has it's pluses and minuses. How much is diesel?

I didn't design my life around a Prius, but here I am.

Close to the 69 mpge the riv gets.

Apparently the next Gen Prius is going to be pretty sporty.

Apparently the next Gen Prius is going to be pretty sporty.
It will be "faster?"

It will have AWD. If it had more ground clearance...

One nice thing about needing and driving a truck is you know the mpg will suck, so no sense even calculating it. LoL
For me it's a bit of a video game. One thing is you don't have to calculate it, it blinks at you when you turn off the car.

Back