ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I’m currently in South Africa
There are Zero electric vehicles. Main reason electrical system stinks.
Also you haven’t lived until you drive on the wrong side of the road in an African city.

Smart cruise on the highway kinda sucks. On back roads is pretty good.
Rivian's is very good on the highway. The only place I don't like it is the five miles of tight on the Taconic near 84. It will randomly warn you and shut off and tell you to take control. Keep in mind that is on maybe 300 unique highway miles, one stretch.

You'll like the smart cruise and you will love driver plus I think (the highway 'self driving'). It takes a few days/weeks to get used to.

I just configured my truck for the second time. I'm getting closer
Ooh, Ooh, what colors did you go with? I was dead set on Ocean Coast interior and then they called me up with a black interior and I said yes. Happy with it.

I just configured my truck for the second time. I'm getting closer
Here are the apps on my phone for EV stuff:

Plugshare
Chargepoint (my home charger but also useful for L2s)
Chargeway
ABRP (A Better Route Planner)
Electrify America - I pay the $4 monthly fee, which gets you a discount on charging. I don't think I have used an EA station and I am closing in on a month. If that holds, I will ditch the monthly fee.
Shell Recharge
Tesla

Que Camp

Plugshare
Chargeway
Electrify America - I pay the $4 monthly fee, which gets you a discount on charging. I don't think I have used an EA station and I am closing in on a month. If that holds, I will ditch the monthly fee.
Shell Recharge
Tesla

Que Camp
LOL!
The only app on my phone for driving is where the cops are ;)

Plugshare
Chargeway
Shell Recharge
Tesla

Que Camp
Where do ya download the Que Camp app?
or is it inclusive to Rivians?
A feature, not a bug...

Last edited:
Back