ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Dom, any idea what kind of mpg they are getting?

We are still on the tank of gas (about 3/4 of a tank) that came with it but the range estimate is way less than 600. 600 would be awesome, Plattekill and back in one tank. Saves me more than you think, because I could do the whole thing on NJ gas.

But then again, it's not my car. I'll be getting 50 mpg, if I make it. If you see my champagne blue prius ass stuck in the ditch on the way to Belle, lend ol harv a hand.
Will ask. Hopefully won’t need it but I keep recovery gear in the car.

Dom, any idea what kind of mpg they are getting?

We are still on the tank of gas (about 3/4 of a tank) that came with it but the range estimate is way less than 600. 600 would be awesome, Plattekill and back in one tank. Saves me more than you think, because I could do the whole thing on NJ gas.

But then again, it's not my car. I'll be getting 50 mpg, if I make it. If you see my champagne blue prius ass stuck in the ditch on the way to Belle, lend ol harv a hand.
Ok sounds like I was wrong. They get 34 mpg and about 400 miles of range.

Glad you guys can laugh about it now (y)
No doubt I was pretty emotional when it happened, scared the f out of me.

(I'm going to try to go back to swearing less too.)

Just got a txt from the insurance company, total loss. Not at all surprised, but a bit relieved.

No doubt I was pretty emotional when it happened, scared the f out of me.

(I'm going to try to go back to swearing less too.)

Just got a txt from the insurance company, total loss. Not at all surprised, but a bit relieved.
Geez. Bad luck lately. You got your three in you should be good to go.

The first two were bad luck. The third was my own fault. Still, oh please TJ, I hope you are right.

I have been driving the prius, and continuing my hypermiling ways. I have one rule, if there is someone behind me I have to go at least the speed limit.

This is mostly to and from work, and driving my daughter to the gym. Both these routes are conducive to high mpg, in my CRV before the crash I would regularly get 38-40. (My lowest mileage in that car was highway about 32 winter, 34 summer).

Anyway, best so far in the prius was 59.9, lowest was this am 49.1.

The first two were bad luck. The third was my own fault. Still, oh please TJ, I hope you are right.

I have been driving the prius, and continuing my hypermiling ways. I have one rule, if there is someone behind me I have to go at least the speed limit.

This is mostly to and from work, and driving my daughter to the gym. Both these routes are conducive to high mpg, in my CRV before the crash I would regularly get 38-40. (My lowest mileage in that car was highway about 32 winter, 34 summer).

Anyway, best so far in the prius was 59.9, lowest was this am 49.1.
Harv, re hypermiling, it seems to me (and I could be completely wrong - this is anecdotal) you can get good results from a pretty normal following distance. I am not trying to hyper mile, but I find just going behind a car my size or larger at speed and within adaptive cc/self driving distance gives me a bump. I think it is part of why I am getting a percent or two better than Rivian's stated range on the snow tires.

Back