ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

You are getting a hybrid Honda CRV with AWD? Correct?
That is our current thinking.

The CRV is more (MSRP) but not in reality. CRV has slightly lower mileage ratings too.

One thing that was odd. They had a RAV Prime that we could have walked out with today. The salesman said the regular hybrids were in greater demand. We are thinking with 40(or is it 50?) miles of pure EV range, what will that really be, in the cold, and in the mountains. $5-8k more for that seems like a lot.

One thing that was odd. They had a RAV Prime that we could have walked out with today. The salesman said the regular hybrids were in greater demand. We are thinking with 40(or is it 50?) miles of pure EV range, what will that really be, in the cold, and in the mountains. $5-8k more for that seems like a lot.
I think I was getting at least 30 EV when I was charging up at the house near Wolf Creek last December. There were a few days when the daytime high was in single digits. But I really wasn't tracking very carefully. Being able to charge when away from home is a bonus so I don't pay as much attention.

The R4P is rated at 42 EV miles. I get 42-48 after an overnight charge depending on the temperature.

you should really look at the cx5
I get 28 mpg driving like an idiot. And by leaps and bounds the most comfortable interior at of all the mid sized suv’s.

you should really look at the cx5
I get 28 mpg driving like an idiot. And by leaps and bounds the most comfortable interior at of all the mid sized suv’s.
Also - anyone thinking about electric consider leasing a hybrid for 3 years. It will be an amazing menu of choices for ev s in 3 years including a 3 row Mazda for those who like to move fast.

I realize that may or may not be i Harv.

We are good here picked up 19 miles on trickle charge.

Attachments

• 7109B534-0CE5-4F00-B68F-CB9D2F8600ED.png
    7109B534-0CE5-4F00-B68F-CB9D2F8600ED.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 28
Live blogging- blown away by charging. Had extra charge going into charger and opened it up. Got like 140 miles in 20 minutes. Had to stop charge as we were still eating and batter got to 88 pc. Pulled 184 kw on a 150kw charger. (Guessing they say it is 150 but it is 190?).

Fun time w scouts and ran into a ripping group of older skiers (thanks guys).

-D

Live blogging- blown away by charging. Had extra charge going into charger and opened it up. Got like 140 miles in 20 minutes. Had to stop charge as we were still eating and batter got to 88 pc. Pulled 184 kw on a 150kw charger. (Guessing they say it is 150 but it is 190?).

Fun time w scouts and ran into a ripping group of older skiers (thanks guys).

-D
I don't get all of this but I'd like the stoke dom! good news

Getting OT here, but what's the advertised range of your Rivian? Do you have a cargo box on the roof? I know they are totally different cars but I'd like to get a Y some day

Getting OT here, but what's the advertised range of your Rivian? Do you have a cargo box on the roof? I know they are totally different cars but I'd like to get a Y some day
Hey! It depends. Rivian range - On my tires, it was 289 (least efficient) and then upgraded to 302 with software. However, I am getting about 302-314 in Conserve (front wheel drive) and 280-284 in All Purpose (4x4 soft drive enough juice to beat a corvette that may or may not have happened today on commute home) and I don't know in Sport (fastest), but was advertised 270. On most efficient tires was 316 and software update pulled it up to 331. IN MY EXPERIENCE YOU GET THE ADVERTISED RANGE. For all EVs it should drop in winter and summer, but so far I am hitting pretty close, driving normally and with heat at about 20. When it was really cold I was cheap on heat because I had range anxiety. PS - I am getting my numbers on snow tires.

Y (and Tesla) tend to have a reputation for OVERSTATING their range, but I think the long range Y is stated at 326.

Note a roof box should be a 10-20% penalty. I have a roof rack and was going to put on skis, but with 4 people and luggage we still had no problem with fitting everything (thank you frunk). In the summer (when I really don't drive that far) I will be running a rooftop tent so will be interesting to see how big my penalty is on range.

Happy to PM.

My guess is that's because it's so unreliable, but fair point
Just checked - Model Y is between 303 and 330 depending on Long Range or Performance. Looks like they squeaked out 4 miles since I last checked many moons ago when I had a cyber truck res.

Back