ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Pardon the poor picture. Just like Tesla has pricing power on ev s it also has the power to take away range anxiety for all (maybe a slight exaggeration) with the flip of switch and make some dough too.

Attachments

• 1A32A4D6-80AB-4F7A-A3B0-CF346A58B91D.jpeg
    1A32A4D6-80AB-4F7A-A3B0-CF346A58B91D.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 33
Pardon the poor picture. Just like Tesla has pricing power on ev s it also has the power to take away range anxiety for all (maybe a slight exaggeration) with the flip of switch and make some dough too.
This has been in the works
Elon is a smart dude.
He’s about to take on big oil.

This has been in the works
Elon is a smart dude.
He’s about to take on big oil.
100%, but it was hard for me to tell how much was rumor or not. The blogs picked up one charger in Cali being open on the app for non teslas . . . .

100%, but it was hard for me to tell how much was rumor or not. The blogs picked up one charger in Cali being open on the app for non teslas . . . .
First news report I can find is from late 2021. The late breaking news is different because it's tied to federal funding.

The first country in Europe that had a pilot program was The Netherlands, back in late 2021. By early 2022, all the Supercharger stations in Norway had the ability to charge non-Tesla EVs.

February 13, 2023

February 15, 2023
" . . .
In Europe, Tesla has already opened hundreds of stations in most countries it operates in. The automaker indicated that it planned to do the same by the end of 2022 in North America, but we are now in 2023 and Tesla has yet to do it.

We knew it would be a bit more complicated in North America since, unlike in Europe where Tesla uses the standard CCS connector that is on all electric vehicles there, here, it uses its own proprietary connector, which makes opening the Supercharger to non-Tesla EVs more difficult.

When the automaker decided to open-source its proprietary connector in an attempt to make it the new North American standard last year, it cast some doubts about Tesla’s plan to open the network.

But we have since learned that Tesla has a solution to onboard EVs with CCS connectors on the Supercharger network with something called the Magic Dock, which is basically an integrated CCS adapter on Supercharger stalls.

With this in place, it’s unclear why Tesla had yet to open the Supercharger network to non-Tesla EVs in the US yet.
. . ."

Yes - Europe forced it on Tesla and I personally. Elie Ed that once the legislation was passed Tesla would do this for govt money.

As Camp often points out for a long time Tesla only made profit from credits (no longer the case).

Interesting

And the number one recommended ev (taking into account t cost performance ease of use and charging) - the 25k Chevy bolt which would be 15.5k for most in NY after fed and state rebates. What new car cma you get for 16 k in the US?

I will be buying one in 3-5 years to replace the 9 year old Impreza…. Maybe I will just wait until 12 yo son is 17/driving….

Lightening made the cut as well as the R1t.

Dom i see more and more of these vids....I hate to say it but i agree with this guys last statements at the end...

Dom i see more and more of these vids....I hate to say it but i agree with this guys last statements at the end...

Will check it out. Also saw a vid of a guy saying he gets 25 mpg on his rivian. I have been getting 60-65 driving how I want.

Also Ny is in better shape than a lot of places for charging because they installed their own network. EA can be a disaster ((have not used it yet).

First thing is he went down on rims 1 inch but 2 inch bigger tires. Not bueono on EVs. Don't know if he got heavy tires. This is a heavy, heavy vehicle. Gott a jump for a bit. only 3 min.

My snow tires are rated for a heavy commercial truck. You need to do that with EVs.

There is a video of a FACTORY R1s going through hellgate trail in some red place. Will post.

Back