ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I’m sure there’s a buffer. The number is never going to be exact - either for an EV or for an ICE - so they need to err on the side of caution.

So, the twitter world - private companies are improving based off this dude gathering and disseminating charger performance.

I’m sure there’s a buffer. The number is never going to be exact - either for an EV or for an ICE - so they need to err on the side of caution.
I had sold my brother my Outback.
Showed him the instrument panel where the lights were, etc. showed him the external temperature light and the light for how many calculated miles were left in the tank.
Told him it’ll go blank @<40 miles left and ya better find a station soon.
On his way up to watch a game he called and said he ran outta gas.
It was 39 outside and had gotten colder coming the few miles up the hill.
He hasn’t made that mistake since.

So far so good. Four miles from ski club 15 from Belle

Attachments

• FFED9F62-122F-4090-8599-F610CE636606.png
    FFED9F62-122F-4090-8599-F610CE636606.png
    595.2 KB · Views: 40
Does the club have a charger? It doesn’t look very modern from the road
Hahah. Trickle charge. Picked up 16 miles in sport mode. More than enough to pick up a smudge of range.

Attachments

• 6B17D442-28BE-4285-952E-3B90B3B45C29.png
    6B17D442-28BE-4285-952E-3B90B3B45C29.png
    331.1 KB · Views: 35
50 percent right now. 47 percent last picked up 16 miles. Will pick up a few coming back from mountain.

Attachments

• ED87E31A-127E-414D-85BD-D827F412C67F.png
    ED87E31A-127E-414D-85BD-D827F412C67F.png
    169 KB · Views: 31
This doesn't really go here, but I'm not starting a new thread for it.

We did some car "looking" today (vs shopping). Daughter will be driving May 20 or so, we are thinking of handing down the ten year old Prius and getting something new for my wife. Since we are planning to movie to the mountains in the next few years, we want an AWD hybrid with a bit of extra ground clearance.

We drove quite a distance because our local Toyota and Honda dealers seem pretty crappy. High pressure etc. After an appointment at Toyota, we decided for the hell of it to show up at a Honda dealer, even though we knew it was unlikely that they would have a CRV.

They didn't have one but we sat with a salesman talked about pricing etc. This dealer (Clinton Honda) does not charge above MSRP. I couldn't believe it. Toyota and Honda near us are asking $3-5K above MSRP.

The guy said "we're a family owned business, and the guy who owns it all told us at the beginning of the shortage 'we are not going above MSRP.'"

I was somewhat stunned. The research, CRV vs RAV is done. We'll buy a CRV at MSRP.

I was somewhat stunned. The research, CRV vs RAV is done. We'll buy a CRV at MSRP.
You are getting a hybrid Honda CRV with AWD? Correct?

I ended up with an ICE Honda HRV for the rental for the recent Taos trip. Did the job. Took a while to notice the door handles for the rear doors.

Back