ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

this is a significant problem... They are trying to conserve cash.. There stock price has tanked...Hey I hope they successed and the truck is real cool...But this circles back to my 100k dollar lawn ornament...
TESLA went through the same growing problems.

Some combo of Camp, Jason, Peter, Harv, check this out - comparison of Land Rover and Rivian both on snow tires in snow. Pretty interesting. A year ago, he threw up on how the Rivian drove in snow. The high regen was causing skidding. With snow mode and snow tires he was feeling it.

His Final thoughts: more predictability in the Landrover but the comprimise of the Rivian is worth it because of better throttle modulation - electric defender would be good like Hummer EV SUV or R1s; range was burned 50% while LR burned 25% due to big fuel tank so that is a consideration.

Guys - one other point. Rivian MAY fail but I believe Amazon won’t let that happen. They need rivian if they are to hit their 2030 carbon neutral pledge and own 20 percent of the company. If things go sour they will just buy rivian - in my opinion that is the most likely downside case.

Guys - one other point. Rivian MAY fail but I believe Amazon won’t let that happen. They need rivian if they are to hit their 2030 carbon neutral pledge and own 20 percent of the company. If things go sour they will just buy rivian - in my opinion that is the most likely downside case.
You‘re probably right but those Amazon vans may be the only thing they make in that scenario. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that

true, but tesla didn't have any real competition..
Right now rivian does not have significant competition. I believe t and lightening are different markets (work truck) and nothing like the s. Maybe 2 or 3 years different story.

You‘re probably right but those Amazon vans may be the only thing they make in that scenario. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that
Yes if they focus only on economics. I think bezos’ hubris (not Going pro or con him) would not let him do that. See blue origin.

Back