ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Tell me again Dom why your car is laid up for a week?
I immediately took it to a detail shop; at the detail shop they are removing all the badges, cleaning, applying paint protection film (PPF) and ceramic coating. Since I was doing all that, I had winter tires shipped there and they are putting them on.

hq720.webp

12:43NOW PLAYING
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRoGgNJGxms
Watch later
Add to queue

Speaking of EV technology, check this out!

battery that never loses charge capacity and much easier materials to mine.
There are a lot of cool things out there. A start up in Michigan took their hand built battery application and got somewhere between 600-900 miles on a charge on a Tesla body (can't remember name of co or range). Too expensive now for a profitable mfg process right now.

While on rivian, there was apparently an update on estimated delivery times that annoyed people. Think about this - I am probably like the 10,000'd order, and I just got it 4 years later. Of course some truck orders were placed and delivered in '22.

It seems the limiting factor on deliveries is becoming service centers. When I went to Brooklyn which is one of the biggest by volumes they apparently had hundreds of other vehicles on other lots waiting to go through the pipeline.

The legacy dealerships are doing everything they can to put a stick in the spokes to slow down progress. Henry Ford is rolling over in his grave

Maybe the title of this thread should be ICE, EV & Hybrid. cost & emissions.
Brake by wire & regenerative braking looks sweet and doesn’t seem to be going away any time soon.

To this day, there are still some states that prevent Tesla and other automakers from selling directly to consumers. It's due to old laws put in place to protect franchise dealerships against automakers trying to compete with the people who invested a lot of money into providing a sale and service workforce for them.

Ahhhh, ok, now I get it. Thanks.
I believe as more and more of these factory direct sales hit the road, people will realize how important franchise dealerships are. What I mean is service and repair. It's taking years to get some of these cars, just wait until it takes months for your technician to show up with his box of wire nuts and electrical tape to get you back on the road

No - production was spared.
this is a significant problem... They are trying to conserve cash.. There stock price has tanked...Hey I hope they successed and the truck is real cool...But this circles back to my 100k dollar lawn ornament...

Back