ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Will they be lawn ornaments? Maybe
They are already lawn ornaments in scrap yards because insurance companies won't fix them. Late model low mileage ones to boot.
Can you say massive insurance premiums in our future for EVs?

I regularly drive various Chevy Bolts at work. Mileage is good. Breaking and acceleration does sometimes cause a sense of dizziness, especially if looking to the side. Charging stations are pretty fast.

What I really meant to say
Is. The current iteration of ev’s will be worth squat in a couple of years. Hence they will be ornaments.
They are already lawn ornaments in scrap yards because insurance companies won't fix them. Late model low mileage ones to boot.
Can you say massive insurance premiums in our future for EVs?
Free business idea: stockpile the EVs of today that people give up on (apparently they can be found in scrapyards), wait a couple of years for battery technology to improve (& become cheaper), rebrand these EVs as “classics” & sell them at a premium.

Free business idea: stockpile the EVs of today that people give up on (apparently they can be found in scrapyards), wait a couple of years for battery technology to improve (& become cheaper), rebrand these EVs as “classics” & sell them at a premium.
Great idea!
Only issue I can see is currently the only ones sitting around are in scrap yards. Those cars would have a branded title, as in a "total loss". That will kill any resale value.

Back