ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

my gut is telling me this whole ev movement is a bout to back fire. No pun intended.
Lot of people might be the proud owners of some very expensive lawn ornaments

my gut is telling me this whole ev movement is a bout to back fire. No pun intended.
This ^^^^ is truly where I'm at, right now. The guys had some training on our EVs. Bottom line, the battery replacement is 40K and this is on a car that's 44K.
We should truly be sticking with, and concentrating on, hybrids.

This ^^^^ is truly where I'm at, right now. The guys had some training on our EVs. Bottom line, the battery replacement is 40K and this is on a car that's 44K.
We should truly be sticking with, and concentrating on, hybrids.
So I take it the hybrids did well in the race, sir?

So I take it the hybrids did well in the race, sir?
Yes, they did. All cars, heck all 61 cars in the field finished the race. When any car can take the abuse of a 24hr race, I'm sold.
I was very impressed that only 3 of the 9 GTP cars broke down to battery issues.

Yes, they did. All cars, heck all 61 cars in the field finished the race. When any car can take the abuse of a 24hr race, I'm sold.
I was very impressed that only 3 of the 9 GTP cars broke down to battery issues.
This Acura won it with a 2.4L engine and a battery powering the beast.
It’d be fun to cruise in it on The UpState's track at Watkins Glen.
I’d need to go back to driver-ed for quite awhile to figure it out how to to put it thru it’s paces.

Good thing the world isn’t dependent on the gut feelings of a serial pessimist.

Will they be lawn ornaments? Maybe, in the way that 8-track players are lawn ornaments (everyone moved on to the next technology).

But I’m betting on new battery technology that is cheaper, lighter, longer lasting, easier to produce and, importantly, able to be installed in every vehicle.

The more people pay for a thing, the more they want the thing to last a long time.

To put it another way: just because there are new, more efficient furnaces available now, it doesn’t mean that everyone’s old house is obsolete & we all have to buy new houses.

What I really meant to say
Is. The current iteration of ev’s will be worth squat in a couple of years. Hence they will be ornaments.

Back