ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Oh TJ you would appreciate this: Rivian is the only individual stock I have ever bought in my life. It was the worst performer in the NASDAQ 100. My claim to financial fame. Won't sell. Outside of tax loss harvesting I believe I have never sold equities.
Did you look at the charger they charge 750 for? That's a level two correct? The one you bought us a level two as well I assume? You got room is your breaker box? I'm thinking I can run it myself. It's like hooking up a dryer plug in

Oh TJ you would appreciate this: Rivian is the only individual stock I have ever bought in my life. It was the worst performer in the NASDAQ 100. My claim to financial fame. Won't sell. Outside of tax loss harvesting I believe I have never sold equities.
So you bought the shit as well. You buying anymore?

Hopefully ya didn’t get sucked into the FTX shitshow.
I don’t think the rools allow ya to write that off yet.

So you bought the shit as well. You buying anymore?
Ha! Yes I bought and no I won't buy more. If I were someone who buys individual stocks I would consider it as I believe the market cap is equal to their cash on hand, wall street's way of saying they ain't a going concern as you know. I won't buy more because I don't buy individual stocks. The one time I did, I got beaten - here.

Separately, I was happy to see my international allocation vindicated as during this rebound S&P 500 up 8% but int'l up 18%. I will take this information and change absolutely nothing.

Tirol - no I didn't buy crypto. See above.

OK, for those interested in my snow tire thinking (no one? Bueller?), the current plan to beat is: I will have the 20 AT 3 peak tires and try those out with snow mode on ice/snow. If it is no good or I get any side skidding on roads, I am going to buy 4 Blizzak LT winter tires (unstudded ones) and have a shop mountain for like 25 per tire 2x per a year.

I considered other options like just buying 4 more Rivian rims (pretty expensive) and 4 Blizzak tires; or cheap rims that will fit Rivian and 4 Blizzaks and just mounting them myself, but if we are talking an hour a year and 200 a year, that is better than 2-3000 up front for Riv rims, and other mfg Rims may make the computer range calculator go crazy (though others have done this and not had a problem).

See this:

Note this person did this before Snow mode came out.

OK, for those interested in my snow tire thinking (no one? Bueller?), the current plan to beat is: I will have the 20 AT 3 peak tires and try those out with snow mode on ice/snow. If it is no good or I get any side skidding on roads, I am going to buy 4 Blizzak LT winter tires (unstudded ones) and have a shop mountain for like 25 per tire 2x per a year.

I considered other options like just buying 4 more Rivian rims (pretty expensive) and 4 Blizzak tires; or cheap rims that will fit Rivian and 4 Blizzaks and just mounting them myself, but if we are talking an hour a year and 200 a year, that is better than 2-3000 up front for Riv rims, and other mfg Rims may make the computer range calculator go crazy (though others have done this and not had a problem).

See this:

Long ago I learned the hard way to buy separate, dedicated rims for snow tires. Swapping out 3 season tires for snows, inevitably one of the snow2s would have a sidewall blowout, which is irreparable.

My current ride comes with low profile tires on 17" rims. Calculated what tire size would work on a 16" rim, and my Nokians run just fine. Admittedly it's a 10 year old diesel VW, front wheel drive and not as sophisticated as a Rivian.

See this:

If you ever do look to buy rims for snow tires make sure the rims are rated for the weight of the Rivian. I know EVs are much heavier than ICE pickups due to the battery weight.

If you ever do look to buy rims for snow tires make sure the rims are rated for the weight of the Rivian. I know EVs are much heavier than ICE pickups due to the battery weight.
Awesome point - one i have thought about but don't know the scaling for rims yet. The Blizzak LT tires are rated for the Rivian's wait up to 106 mph (Rivian has software that won't let you go above 115 not that that would be an issue for me).

Back