ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Oof- you may or may not like Joe Rogan but this is rough

On the other hand I spotted this bad boy out in the wild. Doesn’t Rivian manufacture these?

19DA6023-A241-4E79-8105-8234B8082D56.jpeg

On the other hand I spotted this bad boy out in the wild. Doesn’t Rivian manufacture these?

View attachment 17075
Yes, the BEV Amazon vans in the USA are being made by Rivian. In late November, there will around 1000 in assorted cities making deliveries.

December 14, 2022

November 22, 2022

Interesting video on cold weather (-12 F) performance.

Separately, Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Year!!!

To give you context, this gentleman is a pretty big Rivian Fanboy. TLDR - he gives it a B- ; Hard to say exactly but looks like nonconserve on 20 All Terrain was about 180 miles of range vs. EPA 293 conserve mode test in -12 F. "Fanboy" reference not meant as an insult as clearly I am one.

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/sub-zero-extreme-cold-drive-–-r1t’s-range-hit-pretty-hard.11201/

Peruvian decided to boost production efficiency. They're going to get rid of the quad motor in the R1T for a while. I hope they bring it back before they get to me cuz I'm not getting a dual motor

So do they have a front and rear axle? I thought that was eliminated on the Rivian. Seems like a pretty major redesign.

Peruvian decided to boost production efficiency. They're going to get rid of the quad motor in the R1T for a while. I hope they bring it back before they get to me cuz I'm not getting a dual motor
I do not comprehend this one. Who/what is Peruvian other than the nationality?

From what I read (limited here) is that Quad and Dual will be options. Dual will use their inhouse design. Quads right now are from Bosch.

So do they have a front and rear axle? I thought that was eliminated on the Rivian. Seems like a pretty major redesign.
The vehicles have a front and rear axle (like any four tire vehicle I am aware of). Right now there are two motors on each axle, but Rivian has just put out a 'story' on how they will have an option for four motors or two. In the case of two, there will be a motor on each axle. Right now they won't use a locking differential but will attempt to mimic that through software and use of breaks. You can pull this up by googling 'Rivian stories dual motor option' or something like that.

Hope this is helpful and not trying to sound snarky.

I do not comprehend this one. Who/what is Peruvian other than the nationality?

From what I read (limited here) is that Quad and Dual will be options. Dual will use their inhouse design. Quads right now are from Bosch.
Rivian...typo.. Quad motor not going to be an option.

The map is getting filled in. Flatlanders can EV up to Whiteface pretty easily based on map. Have not charged yet as a i don't have an EV but saw a fancy Mercedes test mule in the station 20 miles south of lake George in March or April of last year doing cold weather testing on the 350 kw charger. If working to spec would give you 140 miles of Rivian range in 20 min.

Back