ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I’ve seen it. I’m thinking something more like the old wagon versions of the BMW 325 or 328. It would sell, in my opinion.
Audi has the A4 allroad and for the last few years they have sold the A6 allroad. Those BMW 3 series wagons where nice.

Subaru Outback is not really a wagon anymore. You know better than me - but I remember a very cool non-lifted legacy wagon that is no longer sold.
What you say is true. That said, for my lifestyle and outback would work. The legacy wagon XT was a bad ass machine but I wouldn't want to take it through a cornfield.

I’ve seen it. I’m thinking something more like the old wagon versions of the BMW 325 or 328. It would sell, in my opinion.
My guess is efficiency/drag. Tesla shape is focused on aero for battery efficiency.

The model y is built on the same frame as the 3
Y is kind of suv ish
When my husband's friend from Texas visited us in the fall driving his Model Y, it reminded me of a hatchback. He's a retired bachelor who does long distance drives to both coasts 2-3 times a year. Likes the extra space for stuff compared to the Model 3 he had before.

Noticed yesterday that the rest stops along the Indiana Turnpike has both Tesla chargers and another type of commercial charger. There were 8 Tesla chargers.

Also noticed plenty of the big wind farms near the Interstate in CO, NE, IA. There have been plenty in IN for quite a while, but I only started driving west of Chicago in 2021. Note that windmills can be placed on farmland that is still farmed.

IN turnpike EV charges - 1.jpeg
IN turnpike EV charges - 2.jpeg

We're seeing hybrids, not even full blown EV's coming in with inverter issues due to corrosion. It's a $6000 repair, the last one was within 2000 miles of being out of warranty. You can have them, well, pay for them.
Long live ICE ;)

Subaru Outback is not really a wagon anymore. You know better than me - but I remember a very cool non-lifted legacy wagon that is no longer sold.
So much new material in this thread. Driving my VW Jetta shooting brake, I'm looking up at the current Outback, which sadly offers only CVT transmission. And VW no longer brings Golf / Jetta wagons into the US. Grrrr.

We're seeing hybrids, not even full blown EV's coming in with inverter issues due to corrosion. It's a $6000 repair, the last one was within 2000 miles of being out of warranty. You can have them, well, pay for them.
Long live ICE ;)
Finally. A vehicle repair that costs more than emissions equipment on my diesel VW.

Long live ICE ;)
So buy the extended warranty when my Sienna finally comes in?

Back