ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I put a order in for one 3 weeks ago. At the same time I bought a decent amount of their stock. If things go as planned I'll have a sweet truck on the cheap. What could go wrong. Lol

What was your thinking? Sincerely.

There’s no HP or traction problem to solve. Electric motors are great for that. That’s what makes a Tesla cool. The battery is the problem. A diesel electric scaled down to the size of a Tacoma might be just the thing- Super efficient- long lasting- I’d love to see that happen
Wondering what all the engineers around here make of the new battery that Tesla is trying to get into production mode.

September 2022

August 2022

So it eliminates the need for gearing and/or reduces the amount of time to get up to speed?
At the weight and power of a locomotive, a friction clutch is not gonna work reliably, so your choice is hydraulic drive or electric. Electric motors get maximum torque at zero RPM, which is perfect for a train. There's really no other choice.

mm

It’s efficiency too. Consider what a drive train that could handle all that torque would look like. It would be impossibly massive. A DE is the ultimate hybrid. They have been used for ships, industrial equipment and trains for decades. They keep scaling them up bigger and bigger. Id love to see if somebody could scale it down.

Back