ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The lightnings don't get the mileage that people need. Hopefully rivian will tighten the bolts on the steering wheels before mine comes out.
I was told at the test drive that on the line the fix is in the mfg process so if you get one off the line you should be good. If you get one from the 'store' of R1ts, I'd imagine they check it before you get it, but there are a bunch of posts of what to look for on Rivian Forums.

At auctions I attended I've noticed more interest in rivian vs the lightning. Lightnings move slow on the wholesale level, rivian not so much. Both are bringing stupid big money.
I'll stop machine gunning everyone. Apparently a handful of R1ts did not hit the reserve on cars and bids (but are still selling high at live auctions or from dealers). An R1s (admittedly very rare right now) went for 130k. I think that is around the trucks were going when they were very scarce.

Let's see.
Tesla's fit and finish is approved by chimpanzee. Rivian steering wheels are falling off. Toyota/Subie can't keep their wheels on. All are grossly overpriced.
I mean, who wouldn't want an EV

40 dollars to drive 1000 miles. 815hp. Even more torque. Hey so the steering wheel comes off in your hand once in a while.
You're a money man so I know you've done the math.
I'm a car guy who expects my steering wheel to stay on, my wheels to stay on, and my expensive cars bodylines to line up.....lol

I put 650 dollars in gas in my car last month. I may have problems one day per week. I travel over 300 miles. I want to plug it in when I get home. My biggest concern is if I'll be able to keep the cabin warm in the winter.

I don't really think fire wood was an invention was it?
It was before ya could patent it, so folks burning wood was more of a discovery.
Woodstoves were invented though.

Back