ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Did you look at Ford? Or did you just want a rivian
I've wanted a rivian for a long time. Longer than people here started talking about them. I may pivot to a Ford down the road. When I was out in deerborne visiting the Ford plant the tour guide showed us the small building they were building the lightning in right now. It wasn't much bigger than a ranch house. He said they were breaking ground in the fall for the lightning plant in Tennessee. I see Ford's commercials but their plant is still a pasture. I think they are blowing smoke and a couple of years away from mass production.

I've wanted a rivian for a long time. Longer than people here started talking about them. I may pivot to a Ford down the road. When I was out in deerborne visiting the Ford plant the tour guide showed us the small building they were building the lightning in right now. It wasn't much bigger than a ranch house. He said they were breaking ground in the fall for the lightning plant in Tennessee. I see Ford's commercials but their plant is still a pasture. I think they are blowing smoke and a couple of years away from mass production.
At auctions I attended I've noticed more interest in rivian vs the lightning. Lightnings move slow on the wholesale level, rivian not so much. Both are bringing stupid big money.

At auctions I attended I've noticed more interest in rivian vs the lightning. Lightnings move slow on the wholesale level, rivian not so much. Both are bringing stupid big money.
The lightnings don't get the mileage that people need. Hopefully rivian will tighten the bolts on the steering wheels before mine comes out.

Hopefully rivian will tighten the bolts on the steering wheels before mine comes out.
Really nothing to be concerned about. The joint venture between Subie and Toyota for their EV launch has been delayed because they couldn't keep the wheels on.....lol

T - I think I beat you? (Don't say something mean to me please). I remember you posting you were going to put an order in or had but then pulled it. I ordered May 2019. The good news is I have deferred the cash outlay or car payment for a few years . . . .

I test drove the R1s (SUV) yesterday. The thing is awesome. You all may recall my post on the Truck I test drove perhaps years ago at this point. I am not tall - 5'9 but I could sit in third row with the second row back to a comfortable position for a two hour ride if I had to (don't know when I would have to since I am buying the thing). The turning radius was smaller than my CRV which is a small vehicle. The R1s is supposed to be better for offroad due to shorter wheelbase.

With the most recent round of delays, I am slotted into Oct -Dec delivery; BUT I have a white interior set up, and it looks like they wont do that on the SUV til January. In the meantime, the 11 year old crv that paid for this car has the transmission light come on for almost every drive now (140k miles).

The recall take 15 min to fix if it is an issue and 5 min to inspect if not. However the gravity of the risk in rare cases is very high as apparently a wheel fell off of two different trucks (hence recall of all vehicles) for a bolt connecting the steering arm being under torqued.

The former number 2 or 3 at Tesla left a few years ago to start a battery recycling company. There are legit uses for second life applications (solar batteries for example)

Really nothing to be concerned about. The joint venture between Subie and Toyota for their EV launch has been delayed because they couldn't keep the wheels on.....lol
Yes, in that one Toyota bought all the vehicles back and has just restarted production. The subie version I think hasn't hit the market yet.

Back