ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I put a order in for one 3 weeks ago. At the same time I bought a decent amount of their stock. If things go as planned I'll have a sweet truck on the cheap. What could go wrong. Lol
Hopefully you get the thing. I'll truly be interested in how you like it. Good luck!!!

I need to tow
Can't tow shit with an EV
Seems these tow quite well using electric motors :)
1665580251023.png

Seems these tow quite well using electric motors :)
View attachment 16045
Powered by a 6000hp, 4 stroke, twin turbo V-16 diesel engine - 251.2 liters (15,330 cu in). There are 6200 gallons of diesel fuel on board. One of the world's most powerful single engine diesel locomotives. The diesel engine prodiuces electricity for the electric traction motors.

Powered by a 6000hp, 4 stroke, twin turbo V-16 diesel engine - 251.2 liters (15,330 cu in). There are 6200 gallons of diesel fuel on board. One of the world's most powerful single engine diesel locomotives. The diesel engine prodiuces electricity for the electric traction motors.
I get that. My point is that electric motors can do extremely well towing heavy loads and are extremely efficient. It's just that the technology hasn't made its way to mainstream automobiles. I have confidence that this along with battery technology will be solved.

You beat me to it!!!!

There’s no HP or traction problem to solve. Electric motors are great for that. That’s what makes a Tesla cool. The battery is the problem. A diesel electric scaled down to the size of a Tacoma might be just the thing- Super efficient- long lasting- I’d love to see that happen

Powered by a 6000hp, 4 stroke, twin turbo V-16 diesel engine - 251.2 liters (15,330 cu in). There are 6200 gallons of diesel fuel on board. One of the world's most powerful single engine diesel locomotives. The diesel engine produces electricity for the electric traction motors.

Why do they do it that way, as opposed to running it off diesel?

Back