ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Hmm, there are more options for a BEV big truck than I thought. Not for long distance, but for local or regional purposes. The 6x4 Volvo tractor has a range of 275 miles.

Screen Shot 2022-10-11 at 8.35.20 PM.jpg

Is Volvo Trucks part of Volvo, or owned by who?

Yea 275 isn't enough for long haul. For short routes and in cities, some of those smaller trucks look sweet. You get the added benefit of improved air quality, where it affects a lot of people, in the city.

Is Volvo Trucks part of Volvo, or owned by who?
Started in 1959 according to the Volvo Truck website. Based in Greensboro, NC. Seems to be a separate company within Volvo.

Apparently Volvo was working on a car and a truck in the late 1920s. Has been acquiring other truck companies for a while, including White, Autocar, and Western Star.

My NCS classmate's first truck was a White. He's been in the trucking business since the late 1970s. He's a truck history buff. His grandfather was important to the development of Mack trucks. He also is paying attention to new developments such as EV and hydrogen trucks. Moved to all automatic transmission for his company's trucks quite a while ago. They get better fuel mileage.

Sounds like there is work happening to help NYC taxis move to EVs. Uber and Lyft are supporting the move to EV in general. How to provide charging in the city is a key issue. Applies to both overnight charging and fast-charging in areas where taxis spend the most time.

May 2022

Trying to get more EV buses in NYC is also happening.

April 2022

I see a ton of Tesla taxis in nyc

I put a order in for one 3 weeks ago. At the same time I bought a decent amount of their stock. If things go as planned I'll have a sweet truck on the cheap. What could go wrong. Lol

Apparently Volvo was working on a car and a truck in the late 1920s. Has been acquiring other truck companies for a while, including White, Autocar, and Western Star.

My NCS classmate's first truck was a White. He's been in the trucking business since the late 1970s. He's a truck history buff. His grandfather was important to the development of Mack trucks. He also is paying attention to new developments such as EV and hydrogen trucks. Moved to all automatic transmission for his company's trucks quite a while ago. They get better fuel mileage.
Volvo also owns Mack Trucks.

Seems like Rivian owners are bitchin about manufacturing defects getting fixed.
Who woulda thunk it?

Back