ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I have no way to charge an EV at my condo for now, but otherwise the next car might be an EV. It's gonna be a bitter pill to give up 3 pedals. I didn't even like it when they got rid of those little vent windows in the front door.

mm

Last edited:
I have no way to charge an EV at my condo for now, but otherwise the next car might be an EV.

mm
They won’t let you pay to install a charger? I bet there’s a tax benefit for you- some kind of rebate or something
Nissan leaf went on sale in 2010
Right. And Toyota and Honda had hybrids available before then. There has been a “greener” choice for awhile

They won’t let you pay to install a charger? I bet there’s a tax benefit for you- some kind of rebate or something
There's nowhere to put a charger attached to my electric service, and no programs to help with that. Chargers for apartment dwellers is gonna be one of the obstacles to universal adoption of EVs. I'm happy to wait for someone else to solve the problem.

mm

I actually brought that up regarding the city awhile ago. You at least have a parking lot I assume. How many cars get parked on the street every night? It’s a big number. But no more ICE after 2035? Even though that’s still a ways out, there are so many big problems to be solved first. I don’t see anybody really trying to solve it.

There's nowhere to put a charger attached to my electric service, and no programs to help with that. Chargers for apartment dwellers is gonna be one of the obstacles to universal adoption of EVs. I'm happy to wait for someone else to solve the problem.

mm
It's not that hard. Run outside plug ins. If people came home from work and plugged there car in they could put in a couple miles per hour. Certainly enough to get people back and forth to work. You don't need the higher chargers. Cars will need to be treated like phones.

Back