ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Milo Maltbie said:
I’ve already seen articles claiming diesel exhaust from school buses takes 5 points off kids’ IQ.

I know. For a long time I was the guy in the company pushing for green solutions. That included converting oil boilers to natural gas because of SO2, NOx and the carbon emissions. Then one morning I went to work and suddenly I was the bad guy because the media was pushing the idea that natural gas is worse than coal for some reason. It's not even natural anymore. It's "fracked" or "fossil" gas. Go figure.
Still, EV buses are gonna be a good thing for everyone.

mm

Last edited:
Don't be like my grandfather who told me that electric starters would never workbe a disaster because of all the lead and acid that would need to be dumped.
Point taken but we may all end up being like the guy that decided to spray asbestos all over everything cause it would prevent fires. Lithium is no joke. There are legit concerns about it

They told us plastic is recycleable too. What a crock of shit. Sure it can be recycled but it’s too costly and takes a bunch of energy and in the end, doesn’t get done. Now traces are found everywhere, on top of Everest, Antarctica, all over our oceans and in our bodies. Sure people care, but not enough to stop using it. It’s too much a part of our lives.

Last edited:
That's true, but the point is the disposal problem is maybe a quarter of what you might have thought it was, and way further down the line before the volume gets large. Don't be like my grandfather who told me that electric starters would never workbe a disaster because of all the lead and acid that would need to be dumped.

mm
I agree, we should go back to cranking cars.

With all these EVs coming Camp is going to have to up his game.
Went to the Subaru dealer to get the free NYS inspection done and an oil change yesterday.
Holy moly, only a couple new cars for sale in the lot (none inside the showroom) and not many used ones available either.
Better ❤️ the one yer with.

Went to the Subaru dealer to get the free NYS inspection done and an oil change yesterday.
Holy moly, only a couple new cars for sale in the lot (none inside the showroom) and not many used ones available either.
Better ❤️ the one yer with.
This isn't changing anytime soon. In fact we may never see in stock inventory levels like we did pre-pandemic.

Point taken but we may all end up being like the guy that decided to spray asbestos all over everything cause it would prevent fires. Lithium is no joke. There are legit concerns about it
Yep
This whole green energy thing is nothing more that feel good bs, and very expensive. To be "green" you have to be wealthy? Total crap.

No technology is risk free when it's scaled up to the global level. Fossil fuels may be an existential threat to civilization. Don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

mm

Back