ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

VW jumping in the game too. IH Scouts were cool back in the day, as a kid I almost died in my cousins' at High Falls lol

Scouts were definitely cool. It”ll be interesting to see what they do with it.
We had a Scout with the stick shift as kids.
Son a bitch broke an axle the night before opening day of deer season in Pa.
Almost froze my ass off staying with Scout while waiting for the tow truck on the old logging road.
It was repaired by morning.

Ford brought a couple guys from Electrek to Texas to check out the F-150 Lightning. Included a 30-min tow of a small Airstream.

May 11, 2022

Since this is a ski forum . . .

May 15, 2022
" . . .
One of the first customers for Taiga snowmobiles was Taos Ski Valley in New Mexico, which markets itself as an environmentally conscious ski resort. The Taos ski patrol and trail maintenance workers will use the electric snowmobiles for tasks like transporting injured skiers or servicing snow-making equipment, said David Norden, the chief executive of Taos Ski Valley. When skiing resumes this year, Taos also plans to deploy an electric snow-grooming machine made by Kässbohrer Geländefahrzeug, a German firm.

Even if the electric snowmobiles, which start at $17,500, are more expensive than gasoline counterparts, which can be had for less than $10,000, the resort will save money on fuel and maintenance, Mr. Norden said.

“You do the cost-benefit analysis, you’re probably close to break even,” he said. “These are not only decisions for the environment but also good decisions for our bottom line.”
. . ."

Back