ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

As a higher number of EV's hit the roads, the states will have to find a way to make up for the lost gas tax revenue for maintaining roads and bridges. Some have suggested a fee per mile driven per year. That seems pretty fair. People who use the the roads the most pay the most. I don't know if that's the best way to do this but in any case, it is inevitable that EV's pay a fee towards mainting the roads and bridges.
What do you and others suggest?
What about when you do most of your traveling on toll roads I guess gassers have the same problem. The NYS thruway authority has turned into the orda of roads

after watching this , ford might win this race

Corporations don’t pay taxes their customers do.
If that’s the case, consumer prices must be dropping like crazy after all of these corporate tax cuts!
C6D76507-B9FD-4101-840F-2B6322318897.png

after watching this , ford might win this race
From what I've seen, the R1T and Lightning target different markets.

Found it interesting that Sandy Munro is keeping the R1T that was originally bought to be taken apart.

Here are some pros and cons comparing an R1T EV to an F-150 hybrid for someone who wants to tow an RV . . . and lives in a house with lots of solar panels in southern CA.

From what I've seen, the R1T and Lightning target different markets.

Found it interesting that Sandy Munro is keeping the R1T that was originally bought to be taken apart.

very true
but fords been making pick ups for almost 70 yrs..rivian maybe 2 ?

but fords been making pick ups for almost 70 yrs..rivian maybe 2 ?
For sure Ford will be able to make and sell far more Lightnings in the next few years. Between having a much lower price point and a design that is very similar to the existing F-150 body, it's no contest.

I'm more curious to see what will happen between the F-150 Lightning and the GM Silverado EV in the next few years. GM is starting behind. Sales to actual customers won't start until 2023 at the earliest.

Back