Hunter Conditions

Anybody got a bump report?

Sotening up. Bumps on crossover? Facing the sun.

Skiing the F. Actually having lunch.

20230212_110450.jpg

Got clocked by a boarder on the pitch below crossover. Scared the F out of me, but I'm fine.

20230212_115810.jpg

20230212_123919.jpg

20230212_124427.jpg

20230212_124800.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like they did. Not a ton.

Got clocked by a boarder on the pitch below crossover. Scared the F out of me, but I'm fine.

Zelda disagrees. She shrieked.

I got a bruise the size of a pumpkin pie.

Happened to me at Hunter, got knocked out of both bindings, guy wasn't very big, must've been moving pretty fast, oh yeah, boarder fwiw. I was making consistent turns, he slammed into me from the rear left, he was definitely at fault. No injuries to either of us. Par for the Hunter course.

This was a young girl, she felt so bad, I felt for her.

Her boyfriend protected me from oncoming by standing uphill from me until I could get up. The whole idea of being protected from "oncoming traffic" is not something I'm used to, at the places I normally ski.

She probably didn't weigh more than 110 lbs. The bruise is ugly but I feel lucky it wasn't a bigger person.

To quote a wise man we know.
“ who goes to hunter on the weekend?”

Skiing hunter on a weekend day is like driving the turnpike at rush hour. Head on a swivel , keep your speed up and be aggressive. You are not out for a leisurely Sunday drive. Don’t get me wrong both can be fun.

Back