Hunter Conditions

Hunter is maybe the most diverse mountain in the country. On any given day you see Hasidic girls, Sikhs, African Americans, bus loads of Asian immigrants from Queens, and you hear German, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Korean on the lift, upstate locals and yuppies from Manhattan and Hoboken, seniors citizen skiers in the morning, with some afternoon beer singing from college kids and younger cops on their day off,Sunday afternoon colorful cursing at the Giants and the Jets , though not as much this year. Weekends of course are a zoo, but there are some really good skiers and boarders and it remains a tough mountain, maybe it is the people's mountain.

I think that’s an accurate description of the place. I wonder if the Vail people are saying it as a backhanded compliment or a dig, though. Like, maybe they’re blaming Hunter for all their epic-lift-lines difficulties. I wonder if the execs at all the fancy Vail resorts out west look out the window, see the lines stretching way back past the lodge and think “Fucking Hunter skiers! We never should have bought that place!”

Hunter is maybe the most diverse mountain in the country. On any given day you see Hasidic girls, Sikhs, African Americans, bus loads of Asian immigrants from Queens, and you hear German, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Korean on the lift, upstate locals and yuppies from Manhattan and Hoboken, seniors citizen skiers in the morning, with some afternoon beer singing from college kids and younger cops on their day off,Sunday afternoon colorful cursing at the Giants and the Jets , though not as much this year. Weekends of course are a zoo, but there are some really good skiers and boarders and it remains a tough mountain, maybe it is the people's mountain.
Sounds like The UpStates needs more walls but it’s hard to define

I think that’s an accurate description of the place. I wonder if the Vail people are saying it as a backhanded compliment or a dig, though. Like, maybe they’re blaming Hunter for all their epic-lift-lines difficulties. I wonder if the execs at all the fancy Vail resorts out west look out the window, see the lines stretching way back past the lodge and think “Fucking Hunter skiers! We never should have bought that place!”
I thought that was the whole point.

Thursday
Snow likely, mainly after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 32. Southeast wind 11 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Thursday Night
Snow. Low around 29. Breezy, with a southeast wind 20 to 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 7 to 11 inches possible.

Friday
Snow. High near 31. Breezy, with an east wind 11 to 21 mph becoming north in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.

Friday Night
Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 26. Northwest wind 13 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

It's snowing pretty hard I'll try to take a picture

20230123_103936.jpg

20230123_103224.jpg

Seems like 6 inches where completely untracked

20230123_122245.jpg

Last edited:
Look at you skiing at the evil Empire
It's Scott's Bday sorta. It's Friday, but I felt it was necessary to continue the celebration.

He paid yesterday at Plattekill while i rose on my pass so I paid here today. It was relatively cheap 64$.

Back