Greek Peak Conditions

2 should never change,
I think that’s the one thing everybody would agree on. What’s the word on the Windham lift anyway? I rode it over there and it was in great shape- at least before it was removed and transported. To me it seems like it ought to o be able to replace either 4 or 5

Yes
3 would be the first one I'd replace. It's the only beginner chair we have. It should be brand-new and slower that the one we have now. Currently 3 stops too much. Plus it's short and wouldn't be "too much money" to replace.
Then I'd go to 5. 5 doesn't need to be a triple either. We're only 900 vert so there's no need for high-speed or detachable anything. I'd put in a new double, but have it go to almost the top of 4. Then I'd contact NYSEG, or whomever and figure out what I needed to do to bring the Electra back into play.
So much potential over at 5.
All it takes is cash.
What is the Electra?

I would replace chair 1 with a high speed quad or six pack and relocate Visions to chair 4.

Chair 2 has some historic value and I believe the mechanicals were replaced not that long ago. It could use some sprucing up. Personally, I’d like to see this chair restored to its original path so that you could once again ski Atlas top to bottom.

In terms of chair 5, it is the newest of the Hall lifts, but has been problematic. That would be my second lift to replace.

I think that’s the one thing everybody would agree on. What’s the word on the Windham lift anyway? I rode it over there and it was in great shape- at least before it was removed and transported. To me it seems like it ought to o be able to replace either 4 or 5
I haven't heard what the plan is for the Windham chair. If it does replace 3, then my choice of new chairs would be 5 and 4.

We had a lot of discussions on lifts Saturday. Agree on #2, don't know enough about #3 to comment. The consensus was replace #4 and/or #5 with fixed grip quads to accommodate the numbers you would hope be attainable and still keep the skier experience.

What is the Electra?
Sometimes also known as a deuce and a quarter.
They’re nice big old boats on the road. Kept a soft top one in the garage years ago.
Wasn’t mine but drove it when we went strawberry picking once with it with the top down. Beautiful day.

We had a lot of discussions on lifts Saturday. Agree on #2, don't know enough about #3 to comment. The consensus was replace #4 and/or #5 with fixed grip quads to accommodate the numbers you would hope be attainable and still keep the skier experience.
I'm not certain on quads. I think it would overcrowd the hill as well as stop more due to have 4 morons trying to get on the lift instead of just 2 morons ---- lol
Then there's still the issue of staffing. We can have all the new lifts in the world but if nobody is there to work? Let's face it, the ski industry is brutally challenging right now.

I can't see high-speed. Couldn't justify the added cost for only 900 vert.

I'm thinking from both a staffing and marketing standpoint. A HSQ that replaced 1A and Visions would cut staffing in half. HSQ's are also good for marking. Customers coming from NYC and Philly all drive by ski areas that have high speed lifts.

Heck, Holiday Valley installed a HSQ to replace their Yodeler lift this summer, and their vertical is a fraction of Greek Peak's.

Back