Greek Peak Conditions

We all know we need at least 2 new lifts. Which 2 would you like to see done, and why.

Edit to add
I wish Sno knew enough about GP to chime in. Or maybe he can just tell us anyway. The kid has some damn good ideas and knows his shit.

Last edited:
Chair 5 for sure. Those new chairs they put on are tight for three people. It's hard to get your skis through the gap in the middle of the footrest as well. After that, maybe chair 4. Chair 2 should stay classic.

Assuming chair 3 will be replaced with the one they got from Windham, replace 5&4. Leave 2 old school.

Forget about the Windham chair for a second.
Which 2 would you replace?
Isn’t chair 3 the short beginner lift below chair 4? Don’t worry about that one. you could evacuate the whole line in about half an hour. 5 is the one that rolled back a few years ago right? So either replace it or replace all the moving parts and controls, sensors etc… And chair 4 still has that weird motor problem where it doesn’t have a slow setting? That doesn’t seem kosher at all so replace/rebuild that one.

Isn’t chair 3 the short beginner lift below chair 4? Don’t worry about that one. you could evacuate the whole line in about half an hour. 5 is the one that rolled back a few years ago right? So either replace it or replace all the moving parts and controls, sensors etc… And chair 4 still has that weird motor problem where it doesn’t have a slow setting? That doesn’t seem kosher at all so replace/rebuild that one.
Yes
3 would be the first one I'd replace. It's the only beginner chair we have. It should be brand-new and slower that the one we have now. Currently 3 stops too much. Plus it's short and wouldn't be "too much money" to replace.
Then I'd go to 5. 5 doesn't need to be a triple either. We're only 900 vert so there's no need for high-speed or detachable anything. I'd put in a new double, but have it go to almost the top of 4. Then I'd contact NYSEG, or whomever and figure out what I needed to do to bring the Electra back into play.
So much potential over at 5.
All it takes is cash.

Back