Greek Peak Conditions

I'm guessing but I'd say it was darn close to record attendance yesterday. Main lot was packed all the way past stavlos to the big screen. Chair 5 lot overflowing into the road, and both adventure center and hotel lots were full. In all my years here I've never seen that before. Just crazy.
On a weekend day they need 53 employees to operate, currently they only have 56 total employees. They're trying to hire 18 lifties with no luck. I can't imagine what a management nightmare that has to be.
Somebody pointed out to me that with Toggenburg closed, people who used to ski Tog are coming to GP. That also includes the school programs. No wonder it was so nutty.

I just discovered this page, wicked cool! We skied the mountain yesterday and it was our 8th time out this year. It was by far the busiest but the snow conditions was great. We got stuck at the bottom of the triple chair for a little while because of some kind of maintenance problem but the sun made it tolerable. The only downside to the day was the parking. We were part of about 10 cars that got parked in. Pretty rude but we got it figured out. Can’t wait to be back next week!

Somebody pointed out to me that with Toggenburg closed, people who used to ski Tog are coming to GP. That also includes the school programs. No wonder it was so nutty.
The lift lines started getting long but the slopes were uncrowded. When I left at 12:30 there was a line to get tickets. People saw me carrying my skis to my car and were following me to get my spot.

Saturday was as crowded as I've ever seen GP but the lines moved quickly. They looked worse than they were with the lack of corrals and attendants. I don't think we ever waited more than 5-7 minutes, most of the time looking at and discussing the lift mechanicals - some interesting stuff going on there. The beautiful thing about those fixed grip lifts is the slopes were never crowded, I think we were the only ones in the trees for a few runs. We said more than once that if it were Blue every inch of the place would have been tracked out by 9:15 lol.

As an aside yesterday afternoon I was running some errands and made a stop at the local brew pub, my bartender was from 'Cuse and she was crushed that 'Tog had been closed... in other news apparently Elk had another evac as, well as Montage over the weekend ?!?!?

And so did Song
I sat on a highspeed quad at Bristol for 25 Mins Saturday morning after it broke down. Fortunately the backup diesel drive was able to get us offloaded after a bit of troubleshooting. We were chatting on how long it might take to get us hoisted down but fortunately it didn't come to that :)

Bad weekend for lifts all around. I guess I won't complain about the multiple stops on chair 5. At least they were short.

And, no, Camp, there are some things in life that I don't need to experience. :P

Never been to Greek Peak. I'm gonna have to try it sometime either this season or next. Would be coming in from southeast of ROC. Also might buy the Indy Pass next year as well seeing it comes with 2 GP visits.

Anyway did GP get a lot rain or snow with the last storm?

Never been to Greek Peak. I'm gonna have to try it sometime either this season or next. Would be coming in from southeast of ROC. Also might buy the Indy Pass next year as well seeing it comes with 2 GP visits.

Anyway did GP get a lot rain or snow with the last storm?
Snow I hear

Back