Greek Peak Conditions

I might hit Greek Peak this Saturday or Sunday. It's not blacked out this weekend on the Indy Pass and it sounds like they should have a decent amount of terrain open.

I might hit Greek Peak this Saturday or Sunday. It's not blacked out this weekend on the Indy Pass and it sounds like they should have a decent amount of terrain open.
Only on snowmaking trails as it has yet to really snow. Bundle up, wear your long britches, gonna be a cold some-bitch out there.

Last edited:
Considering doing Sunday and Monday at Greek Peak - first time coming there - as they look to be in a pretty sweet spot for this storm. With Hope Lake Lodge sold out it seems closest lodging options are in Cortland. Before booking lodging, I wonder if any familiar with the area have any advice on which routes to GP from Cortland (or elsewhere if there would be a better place to stay) are likely to be the easiest drive in fresh snow on Monday AM. Also how susceptible is GP to lift holds in 20mph wind forecast for Mon?

Have a Forester with Blizzak winter tires

Considering doing Sunday and Monday at Greek Peak - first time coming there - as they look to be in a pretty sweet spot for this storm. With Hope Lake Lodge sold out it seems closest lodging options are in Cortland. Before booking lodging, I wonder if any familiar with the area have any advice on which routes to GP from Cortland (or elsewhere if there would be a better place to stay) are likely to be the easiest drive in fresh snow on Monday AM. Also how susceptible is GP to lift holds in 20mph wind forecast for Mon?

Have a Forester with Blizzak winter tires
Stay on the state roads. From Cortland take 215 to 392, those routes will have the most consistent plow traffic.
Check VRBO for condo rentals. Might be an option if the hotel is booked. There are also small cabins for rent on there that are only 1/4 mile away right on 392.

Thanks - cabin doesn't seem to be available on such short notice - no surprise. Will book something in Cortland not far from 215 and see if my Forester and Blizzaks live up to their reputation.

Think the 5-8" called for Sun Nt will let then open much additional terrain? And how often do they have wind holds on which lifts there?

Thanks - cabin doesn't seem to be available on such short notice - no surprise. Will book something in Cortland not far from 215 and see if my Forester and Blizzaks live up to their reputation.

Think the 5-8" called for Sun Nt will let then open much additional terrain? And how often do they have wind holds on which lifts there?
Forester with snows = a tank
Yes, if we get that snow more terrain will open. GP doesn't have issues with wind holds, I've never known them not to run due to winds.

Back