Greek Peak Conditions

Lots of snow being made today. Tomorrow she be really nice and today wasn't bad, either.

I took a ride over to Chair 5 after I was done. There were no cars in the parking lot, but the lift was running.

Attachments

• IMG_20220107_114725851.jpg
    IMG_20220107_114725851.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 67
Greek got about 2" overnight. The skiing was pretty good early, but did get firm as the day went on. Chair 4 and Trojan opened around 10:30. Chair 5 opened about an hour later. You could ski back from 5, but you had to drive or get a ride over. You couldn't take a shuttle bus ..the driver quit! I think they did find someone to drive it after I left, around one I thought about stopping ony way home for a couple runs on Mars, but I'd had enough, especially if I had to boot up, then deboot. Maybe I should practice my driving with boots on. I've driven automatics over to 5 with boots on, a little leary of attempting it with the 5 speed.

IMG_20220107_115052682.jpg

Aden and the crew clearing brush on Alcemene.
IMG_20220107_102844112.jpg

The dude quit?? Lol....would love to hear that story. God hates quitters ?
GP is very lucky to have Ayden. That dude isn't afraid to take on anything. I hope they can keep him. He's an asset to any business.

No chair 4, no chair 5, chair 1 is spinning but reserved for ski patrol training, nice job Greek.

I got there at 9:45 and ended up in the second lot. I rode up Visions for my first run, and then rode Chair 1.

I didn't stay very long. Too many humans for too few trails. The race kids were set up on the left side of Stoic, which is already only partially open. On one run, I had to squeeze in between race training and ski patrol training. The middle of Stoic was pretty scraped off after my fourth run.

Platonic was full of rocks with two whales in the middle. It was really unfun.

Throw a few school buses full of kids into the mix, and it made for an interesting morning.

However, the sun was shining and at least I got to ski. Even if I ended up on the bunny slope, because I figured there would be good snow there, which there was.

We didn’t ski today, but saw guns being dragged to Alchemene yesterday. It should be a good week for snowmaking. Any idea where they are currently making snow? I would have to imagine that Castor is in the mix.

I would guess Castor, as well. There was a lot of machinery hanging out at the end near the bunny slope.

Back