Greek Peak Conditions

Have you ever skied at Smuggs, Whiteface, or Gore?
Not at Smuggs but Gore several times, Whiteface, first time this year over Christmas so it wasn't killer cold. It's been pretty cold at Gore when I was there before but I guess I remember Greek Peak more because one time we were there and I was a kid it was 20 below with wind chill, temp must have been 0 as well, riding up Lift 2. You don't get the below zero night skiing and snowmaking experience at Whiteface or Gore either.

Not at Smuggs but Gore several times, Whiteface, first time this year over Christmas so it wasn't killer cold. It's been pretty cold at Gore when I was there before but I guess I remember Greek Peak more because one time we were there and I was a kid it was 20 below with wind chill, temp must have been 0 as well, riding up Lift 2. You don't get the below zero night skiing and snowmaking experience at Whiteface or Gore either.
Good point. I too remember freezing my ass off while night skiing as a kid. Forgot all about night skiing because it's too cold out at night?

Waking up in Binghamton this AM and gonna wait til about 11 to hit Greek (for the first time ever) today given how cold this AM and mostly here for the fresh snow tomorrow. Booked a room for tonight at Hampton Inn in Cortland.

You can call the snow phone for conditions. They're planning on running all chairs today and they've been making pow.

Real hard pack conditions on our first three runs on main face. No bare spots at least. Iliad closed for snow making and has whales needing to be groomed out. Hoping we can find a better ski surface as we venture to other trails, otherwise this will be a fairly short day and we will come back for the fresh snow tomorrow.

Parking lot completely packed and a sheet of ice that is hazardous to walk on. But lift lines have not been bad at all. Probably 3-4 minutes on the quad. Let has been stopping a bunch though. 4x on one ride up even. Clearly the amateurs are out in force to honor MLK.

Real hard pack conditions on our first three runs on main face. No bare spots at least. Iliad closed for snow making and has whales needing to be groomed out. Hoping we can find a better ski surface as we venture to other trails, otherwise this will be a fairly short day and we will come back for the fresh snow tomorrow.

Parking lot completely packed and a sheet of ice that is hazardous to walk on. But lift lines have not been bad at all. Probably 3-4 minutes on the quad. Let has been stopping a bunch though. 4x on one ride up even. Clearly the amateurs are out in force to honor MLK.
Bummer. I was debating about skiing or live yoga with my favorite teacher. I went with yoga because of the cold and what conditions were like on Monday. I am hoping to hit GP tomorrow after I can get out of my driveway. :)

Back