Greek Peak Conditions

Due to an injury I wasn't able to get on the slopes until this week when I discovered that Greek has done a fantastic job of making snow in what's been a warm and rainy winter. And it's not just great coverage, the quality of the surface has been great. And I was happy to see that they were running all the chairs on a relatively quiet mid-weekday. Despite the lack of natural snow, Greek is doing a fantastic job. They have moved way beyond using snowmaking just to stay open, but Greek now is making a nice surface. I was impressed.

No, they still don't have snowmaking everywhere. The Epicurius crossover trail under Chair 2 was very thin and Olympian is so thin that it was closed. So they still need to do something to get snow on East Meadow, Arcadian Gate, Electra, Olympian and all the wooded glades. I really miss the woods when there is no snow.

Due to an injury I wasn't able to get on the slopes until this week when I discovered that Greek has done a fantastic job of making snow in what's been a warm and rainy winter. And it's not just great coverage, the quality of the surface has been great. And I was happy to see that they were running all the chairs on a relatively quiet mid-weekday. Despite the lack of natural snow, Greek is doing a fantastic job. They have moved way beyond using snowmaking just to stay open, but Greek now is making a nice surface. I was impressed.

No, they still don't have snowmaking everywhere. The Epicurius crossover trail under Chair 2 was very thin and Olympian is so thin that it was closed. So they still need to do something to get snow on East Meadow, Arcadian Gate, Electra, Olympian and all the wooded glades. I really miss the woods when there is no snow.
It’s been a tough season for them. Snow making has definitely improved but they still have a way to go if they want to stay relevant and grow. I’ve had great conditions days and bad this season, but more good then bad. That is proof they are heading in the right direction.
Agree they run lifts during week even chair 5 😊 that’s was always been a peeve with me.

Glad you’re back

Nice day today! The conditions were pretty good and the main mountain never really got crowded.

I would love to hear how Mars and Trojan were if anyone skied them.

Nice day today! The conditions were pretty good and the main mountain never really got crowded.

I would love to hear how Mars and Trojan were if anyone skied them.
Mars had the best snow, I ended up doing laps on Mars over to 4 and back over to 5. Trojan was nice on left and icy on right. Almost went down on bare ice trying to ski the small bumps.

Back