Greek Peak Conditions

Despite the rain and slop Greek was pretty good today. Coverage was great on all the main trails. I did not realize they have snow making on the east side now, chair 5 was open on the backside.

Castor was really nice this morning. It was pretty nicely groomed and not very crowded. .

If anyone has tips on how to ski loose granular, I will take them! When I hit that stuff, especially more than a few inches, I just snowplow. I can't figure it out.

Castor was really nice this morning. It was pretty nicely groomed and not very crowded. .

If anyone has tips on how to ski loose granular, I will take them! When I hit that stuff, especially more than a few inches, I just snowplow. I can't figure it out.
Skis a bit closer together and more on edge is what works for me. At Massanutten, I'm only trying to carve when a trail is empty and the snow is good and hasn't been pushed around much.

A few more days to vote in the 2024 I AM A SNOWMAKER contest. As mentioned before, Greek and Gore are finalists with videos.
Greek won the 2024 I AM A SNOWMAKER contest!

February 6, 2024

Back