Greek Peak Conditions

Growing up in the early/mid 70s, I remember the GP sign that you saw on top of the hill when approaching the Homer exit on 81 south. Does anyone have a pic of it?

I recall kids on the school bus arguing at length about which CNY ski area was the best -- Labrador and GP had their fans, no one mentioned Song or Togg. As a non-skier, it seemed so exotic and unreachable, even though GP was only six miles from my uncle's house.

I recall kids on the school bus arguing at length about which CNY ski area was the best -- Labrador and GP had their fans, no one mentioned Song or Togg. As a non-skier, it seemed so exotic and unreachable, even though GP was only six miles from my uncle's house.
Never skied Greek till in my 30s when a friend at work (one of the boys) talked me into going at night one time after work when it was snowing. Had brand new Volkls that were shooting sparks off the round rocks. We still talk about it. (Some asshole had stolen my 1st pair of Volkls at Song at a Friday Night Freakout a bit earlier.) Lab was great when Ptarmy lift spun which was the norm back then.

086CC04C-1C9D-42C9-A94D-0FC239707D0C.jpeg

Nice to ski snow again

Back