Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore claims they'll open next weekend and today's 430pm webcam of gondy base suggests they have enough snow banked on the bottom of Wild Air snowcross, that they might do so.
1713129320831.jpeg

The route to the base is Showcase to Lower Sleighride to Wild Air. From Wild Air all the way down is covered very well. The problem is the upper portion of that route, since it's above where the competition course was built and not as much snow was made there. The upper mountain trails have better coverage, and they still have all the necessary connections made to enable them to open with downloading. They need to keep Tannery open, and have enough snow for the Topridge lift unloading ramp.

Ok, so here is the preliminary plan "if" they open this weekend:
Lift 1 -AE2 for uploading and downloading
Lift 2 - North Chair
Lift 6 - Summit (High Peaks)

Hawkeye will not be open, nor will lower Open Pit or Headwaters.

As of last weekend, it looked like the AE2 had been mothballed for the time being, and that they didn't plan on running it again this season, but I guess plans can change. As long as they have High Peaks open, I'll probably go again. I probably won't bother if it's North only.

Looking at the webcam, it's going to be hard for them to keep the top of Cloud open. All 4 dark side trails are wall to wall, but you might not be able to get to them. They need to invest in the snow depth finders that Killington has on their groomers. It would help a lot of ensure that snow is made in the right places to keep trails open longer.

Cloud gets much more sun then anything on the Dark Side.

I wonder how Echo is looking.

Echo was toast as of last weekend. As for Cloud, if it gets more sun, then it needs more snow. It's hard to determine whether it needs more snow if you don't know the depth you're starting with.

Last edited:
Cloud would need a lot more snow to last as long as the Dark Side.

$hit that may change my plans.

If I KNEW Chatiemac was in, I'd come.

Think @sig's avatar.

Sunday looks like a great day to close it out in NY.

Back