Gore Mountain Conditions

https://www.adirondackexplorer.org/stories/key-takeaways-from-57m-world-university-games

So WUG lost money and didn’t draw flies?
1712766918862.jpeg

IMO the powers that be of the ORDA board (aka the ole' boy network of hotel owners in LP) knew exactly what they were doing in getting the State to commit to host the Games. The goal of the Games for them and LP was to get the State to upgrade many of the Olympic Venues (Mt Van Ho Sliding, The Ski Jumps, etc) as that would insure to bring World Cup Events to the venues for years to come. And, because they own hotels in LP, they also knew that they would make big $$ on the games. They wanted to have the nostalgia of the "80 Games by shutting down Main St as their hotels are not in that zone.
They got their wish and are already reaping the benefits, as evidenced by the re-emergence of World Cup events now being held in LP.
Could the money have benefitted the Adirondack Medical Center much more, is an easy question. Does the Ole' Boy Network care, I highly doubt it :unsure:

IMO the powers that be of the ORDA board (aka the ole' boy network of hotel owners in LP) knew exactly what they were doing in getting the State to commit to host the Games. The goal of the Games for them and LP was to get the State to upgrade many of the Olympic Venues (Mt Van Ho Sliding, The Ski Jumps, etc) as that would insure to bring World Cup Events to the venues for years to come. And, because they own hotels in LP, they also knew that they would make big $$ on the games. They wanted to have the nostalgia of the "80 Games by shutting down Main St as their hotels are not in that zone.
They got their wish and are already reaping the benefits, as evidenced by the re-emergence of World Cup events now being held in LP.
Could the money have benefitted the Adirondack Medical Center much more, is an easy question. Does the Ole' Boy Network care, I highly doubt it :unsure:
Another BOD meeting Friday along with Governance Committee.
Agenda is up on their website. All the bumps have snowmaking resolutions in new business.

Gore will be downloading this weekend.

Bravo!

Gore will be downloading this weekend.

Bravo!
Report also says one route all the way to the base. Too bad it rained last week as I was hoping for one more day at Gore and/or Belleayre. Looks like I'm going to focus on 2-4 more days in Vermont now. Already thinking about working more Belleayre and Gore Days into the season next season with Windham as the base.

Did they open anything today that wasn’t on the report? Rumor, Lies, Uncas?

Everything that the report said would be open was open. Nothing more, nothing less. It turned out to be better than expected. I went in expecting half the trails reported open to actually be closed. What was open was mostly in good condition, though things are getting rather thin. I skied with @Ethan Snow most of the day. I'd say next weekend is still a possibility, though downloading will likely be necessary.

Run count:

12 High Peaks
9 Straightbrook
6 North
3 Gondola
2 Topridge

Total of 32

1000005334.jpg

1000005338.jpg

1000005342.jpg

1000005344.jpg

1000005345.jpg