Gore Mountain Conditions

Gore was insanely good today during that midday period @sig mentioned.

Great two days skiing with Nev. She skied ONE DAY last year, and yesterday I took her into the Straightbrook trees on her third run. All she wanted to do was trees.

trees

We headed down around noon, and she and mom headed home, to avoid tomorrow's traffic, and potentially cloudy skies.

After they left I got back in line for the gondi and could see another pair of Whiterooms. It was Brian Conway. I've only skied with Brian once at Petersburg Pass but it was one of the great days, and I always think of him when I see snow on the radar in that corner of NY.

We almost couldn't believe how good it was. Lies was to die for. Everything was, up top.

Those Whiterooms get me into some great skiing and some great ski conversations too.

whiterooms

I met a couple who saw my NYSB skis and said hi. They had Greek, Snow Ridge, Woods Valley, and Icon Passes.

They said, "yea we've been reading! We really want to ski Plattekill!"

:)

Not a powder day today, but still great skiing. I skied most of what was open. Snow got a bit sticky, but it didn't really bother me.

Run Count:

8 Burnt Ridge
5 High Peaks
5 North
4 Straightbrook
3 Gondola
3 AE2

Total of 28

Pictures:

View attachment 24391

View attachment 24392

View attachment 24393

View attachment 24394

View attachment 24395

View attachment 24396

View attachment 24397

View attachment 24398

View attachment 24399

View attachment 24400

View attachment 24401

View attachment 24402

View attachment 24403
Thank you for the season of photos.... These end of season photos make me want to up my game for next year. As a lower mountain trail skier at age 75 I now realize I shorten my season by not going up mountain. My Season Pass is already bought and used twice. See you in 2024-25.

Harv, Sunday the skiing was so fun. Your daughter’s skiing is awesome. Saw her leading you down the Mountain. Unreal how a few lessons, programs when their young shapes their skiing for life.

What a wonderful weekend for Spring skiing!

Gunny, I love skiing the trees with her, but I also get a kick out of skiing Showcase, one of us on each side of the trail, side-by-side, no one else around. Total joy. You're right, she is still a good skier.

1712591432840-png.png

Growing up in CNY, my mother always told us NEVER to pick even one trillium flower because it would kill an entire patch --claimed it was illegal. Apparently, she was right!

1712591432840-png.png

Growing up in CNY, my mother always told us NEVER to pick even one trillium flower because it would kill an entire patch --claimed it was illegal. Apparently, she was right!
Mom is ALWAYS right!!!

Back