Gore Mountain Conditions

Ha! Instead of being a keyboard warrior, you should get out and touch reality sometime! :unsure: ;) ⛷️ :ROFLMAO:
Was outside most of the day yesterday.
Twas a really beautiful day.

When’s ORDA gonna allow more uphill travel?
It is going to be an Olympic sport in the next Olympics in less than two years.
That’s reality, of the near future...

Last edited:
Hey folks - how are the conditions a week after the big storm?

Belle is going to 4/14 (weekend only after 4/8). Any word on gore?

Before the storm, a Gore liftie told me they would stay open until the eclipse on April 8, which seemed unlikely at the time. (Not the eclipse, the staying open part.) Now, who knows?

mm
Historically the closing date has, for both WF and Gore, not that much to do with how good the snow is overall for the year and how warm it is in February/early March, but rather how later March/April are and how determined both are to preserve snow. 15-16 was a terrible snow year but a cold 2nd half of March and April allowed WF to stay open to the third weekend of April. 21-22 had mediocre snowfall and warmth late Feb/early March but a chilly April kept snow in place enough to operate at both to May 1. By contrast, 16-17 was a solid snow year but an April heat wave ended the season rapidly despite two good snows in early April and the Slides open on 4/9. They closed 4/16 that year. With only a few exceptions, both have pretty inelastic schedules.

Historically the closing date has, for both WF and Gore, not that much to do with how good the snow is overall for the year and how warm it is in February/early March, but rather how later March/April are and how determined both are to preserve snow. 15-16 was a terrible snow year but a cold 2nd half of March and April allowed WF to stay open to the third weekend of April. 21-22 had mediocre snowfall and warmth late Feb/early March but a chilly April kept snow in place enough to operate at both to May 1. By contrast, 16-17 was a solid snow year but an April heat wave ended the season rapidly despite two good snows in early April and the Slides open on 4/9. They closed 4/16 that year. With only a few exceptions, both have pretty inelastic schedules.
To add—the only non-COVID year where WF didn’t make April was 2012 when it was 70s-80s for a week

Is Burnt Ridge done for the year? Skied it yesterday and around mid morning. we came down to a stopped lift. They fired up the diesel and said it would run like that all day. Until the top softened, both Echo and Backwoods were deer valley cord. 8 total before I went up. It was only supposed to be 6 but a guy I rode up with said Uncas was still firm. Was Burnt Ridge open today...a somewhat medical emergency kept me from beers on the deck today. Ski you tomorrow, Happy Easter!

Back