Gore Mountain Conditions

I've never parked and booted up twice in one day before.
I parked but didn't boot up for the first time.
Saw the line driving into Song & usual parking spot were all taken so went into the main lot & folks were streaming in. Chatted with some dang boarders who were hanging waiting for the riblet to spin. Went back to usual spot and pulled in as some folks were leaving. Riblet double got going after a bit but even then the lines were too long for my tastes. Beautiful day for a nice countryside ride & to play with the dogs. Song was TBD for Monday. Now it’s a go. Never took the boot bag outta the car so I got that going for me.

Burnt eventually opened very late in the day. There was a race on Echo today, the racers had to hike from Twister to hedges to get to Echo.
Before that was built into a service road over to Hedges and Burnt Ridge, it as a narrow woods road that was the uphill entrance to Tahawus Glade, barely wide enough to herringbone up. You REALLY had to want to ski trees back then.
Gore should take a couple of cases of dynamite and a dozer and remove the two humps in Hedges and that road - now you have a trail that’s an easy way back to the main mountain when Echo is closed.

I think there should be free backrubs too!

There was a race on Echo today, the racers had to hike from Twister to hedges to get to Echo.
Before that was built into a service road over to Hedges and Burnt Ridge, it as a narrow woods road that was the uphill entrance to Tahawus Glade, barely wide enough to herringbone up. You REALLY had to want to ski trees back then. Gore should take a couple of cases of dynamite and a dozer and remove the two humps in Hedges and that road - now you have a trail that’s an easy way back to the main mountain when Echo is closed.
Think of the ⛷️ children.
More Gore ... More flats!
It fits.

Last edited:
Incredible day today, I think it may have been the last of our season, although i thin they will be able to ski through the solar eclipse at least. Perfect corduroy in the morning and spring conditions in the afternoon. Really a delightful day and a great end to the season. Despite all the complaining we had a great season and plan to have many more. Thanks Gore!

I skied Gore on Monday...didnt get there until after 11, great conditions started to deteriorate in the afternoon as expected with the warm up. Still had a great time.

Hoping to get up there again on Wednesday but looks like it might be rainy.

SPP

Monday was a beautiful bluebird day with great conditions all around the mountain, although snow on the frontside was soft by early afternoon.

Tuesday was foggy to start and then cleared up, but snow soft everywhere, and became sticky. Needed to have put some warmer temperature wax on the skis.

Good coverage everywhere off the summit, some bare spots on the lower mountain, but should make it through the weekend.

Burnt Ridge quad went down today, closed for the rest of the day, not open tomorrow. Lift eating bacteria infecting Gore from the bottom up?

Back