Gore Mountain Conditions

All I can say is BURNT RIDGE BABY! Skied Topridge, North and front side first, never went up top. Then we hit Burnt. Never left there until I had to head home. All three trails had been groomed overnight. The surface was perfect. Eagles Nest was in better shape than it has been all winter. Not many skiers there either. It was running on diesel.

Great day. Got there at 10. Was a little firm with the clouds but softened up quick as the sun came put. Focused on lower mountain early on Showcase. Then over to BR which Sagamore was excellent. Echo over to the main base was great. Then up top. Rumor and Lies were excellent. Rumor has bigger bumps. Lapped that the rest of the day until 3. Then a Topridge before they closed it which was good. A firm Fairview and Quicksilver to finish the day off.

I'll be back tomorrow. Great day.

BR was spinning today on Diesel.

Reactions: wgo
All I can say is BURNT RIDGE BABY! Skied Topridge, North and front side first, never went up top. Then we hit Burnt. Never left there until I had to head home. All three trails had been groomed overnight. The surface was perfect. Eagles Nest was in better shape than it has been all winter. Not many skiers there either. It was running on diesel.
According to the snow report, no Burnt Ridge tomorrow. It has been SO good over there the last two days.

Did they run the diesel tank dry? Hopefully it's not done for the season.
I dunno. All I know is it was more than likely spinning today on Diesel due to the noise. Noise is my job. Not lift noise but noise from above nonetheless

According to the snow report, no Burnt Ridge tomorrow. It has been SO good over there the last two days.
The Janitor told me earlier this week that BRQ was going to run Fri and Sat only this week, and next, and then it's done for the season. It will only be running on diesel.

I dunno. All I know is it was more than likely spinning today on Diesel due to the noise. Noise is my job. Not lift noise but noise from above nonetheless
Sounds mysterious . . . . Happy Easter!

Last edited:
We were there yesterday. It was good- the snow softened up nicely by afternoon. Everything we skied was fun, including Burnt Ridge. Topridge was our favorite though. Junior did the pond skim and made it across, which was nice because it was still pretty cold that early in the morning and getting him into dry clothes would have been a pain in the ass.

Of course there was the normal spring scene at the base area.

IMG_9593.jpeg

The pond skim was a success

IMG_9621.jpeg

Wonder Woman made it across on one ski

IMG_9719.jpeg

Of course the actual skiing was good too

IMG_9830.jpeg

Blue skies

IMG_9860.jpeg

IMG_9863.jpeg

Another good one today though it took a bit for stuff up top to soften with the clouds. Late start getting there at 10 and it was deserted. Skiied the AE2 for some groomer laps to start and could tell they had just softened up. Best of the bunch was Twister. Headed up top and did Open Pit, Darby, and Hullabaloo which were firm but edgeable. Hawkeye same. Headed over to Topridge around noon and did a couple very soft Topridge laps before I saw Lies was open around 1 and lapped that. Nice and soft. Rumor opened around 1:30 and skiied that until I had to head home just before 3.

Complete ghost town today. Many times I thought I had my own private ski resort as I was the only one on a trail...or lift...

This may be it for me for Gore this season as I plan to hit Killington a couple times in April. Perhaps even make it to Sugarloaf if I can fly myself there which would be a bucket list item. Trying to do all that may squeeze Gore out of my plans but if it does happy to end it with this weekend. In a trying season at many times, Gore did a great job working with what they had and I had many good days there. I do complain about Gore at times, but it's out of love when I do. Hats off to the mountain for another good season and still some to go.

Attachments

• PXL_20240331_181510675.jpg
    PXL_20240331_181510675.jpg
    557.1 KB · Views: 86
Back