Gore Mountain Conditions

at some point people aren't going to want to come here, this year has really been a mess with these lift issues.
It could be worse. You could live near Jiminy Peak. It was closed Monday-Friday, made snow with plans to reopen this weekend, opened Saturday and then abruptly closed mid day during the freezing rain FOR THE SEASON without any post on its website or FB page. First announcement was 4:22 pm Saturday. Apparently they didn’t consult a weather forecast that told them they were getting 4 inches new Saturday evening.
The only thing that made it any easier to swallow is that all Jiminy pass holders can ski at Bromley, owned by the same company, until the end of the season. Had a great time there today on 28 new.
That makes it REALLY hard to get psyched about laying out cash for a pass before the first price increase in mid APRIL when Gore’s first price increase isn’t until August.
I gotta move to Warren County.

Last edited:
If ya play yer cards right folks might put a sign up for ya.
Snoloco ❤️ this trail.

BETTY.jpeg

It could be worse. You could live near Jiminy Peak. It was closed Monday-Friday, made snow with plans to reopen this weekend, opened Saturday and then abruptly closed mid day during the freezing rain FOR THE SEASON without any post on its website or FB page. First announcement was 4:22 pm Saturday. Apparently they didn’t consult a weather forecast that told them they were getting 4 inches new Saturday evening.
The only thing that made it any easier to swallow is that all Jiminy pass holders can ski at Bromley, owned by the same company, until the end of the season. Had a great time there today on 28 new.
That makes it REALLY hard to get psyched about laying out cash for a pass before the first price increase in mid APRIL when Gore’s first price increase isn’t until August.
I gotta move to Warren County.
ooof, it's been a rough season all around. Turned the day around nicely today though. Got back to main base around 11, found a parking spot around where premium usually is and skied until 3:30. Conditions were great despite the epic disaster this morning. I heard they couldn't run shuttles due to the way everyone parked at the main base.

I took the Harvey route...We Got Gored today. I am sure there were some that played today right and had some fun. I would have been happy with just getting to Sagamore and back, I would have kept lapping 46er and Moxam too, but when Hudson shut down I was leaving. I managed to take two friends that parked at the bowl up to the main hill, rather than ride the shuttles...during the shuttle, my family called and told me about our plans for Brunch and such...We got to the drop off area and one of my buddies said hey there's a spot right there...I chose the brunch lol FWIW 46er and Moxam were awesome!
RIP Hudson Chair

Sounds like everyone got gored. Did anyone ride Burnt Ridge before it broke down? Was it running on electric or diesel?Did either Burnt Ridge or Hudson ever reopen? Yesterday, Burnt Ridge was running normally to start the day, but it was having frequent stops were it would take 4 or 5 attempts to restart it. They switched it to diesel at around 9:30 and it ran just fine the rest of the day.

As for Hudson, I've seen it break down before when it was fully loaded. It's so rare for that lift to ever be loaded at full capacity. Also, it seems to be a theme for when ORDA retires a lift that it breaks down on its last day. That happened to Lift 7 at Belleayre last year, on the last day it ever ran. They rope evac'd it, but it mostly went unnoticed because there were so few people on the lift. I wouldn't have known about it if my friend didn't tell me.

As for the gondola, it really needs help. Two days in a row it was late to open. And it had so many broken or missing cabins on Saturday. It's like they're just trying to limp it along until it gets overhauled this summer. They should not be basing their spring operating plan around it.

We sat on the Gondi for 1/2 hour while it was stopped this morning. parking was WAYYYY down the access road.

Sounds like everyone got gored. Did anyone ride Burnt Ridge before it broke down? Was it running on electric or diesel?Did either Burnt Ridge or Hudson ever reopen? Yesterday, Burnt Ridge was running normally to start the day, but it was having frequent stops were it would take 4 or 5 attempts to restart it. They switched it to diesel at around 9:30 and it ran just fine the rest of the day.

As for Hudson, I've seen it break down before when it was fully loaded. It's so rare for that lift to ever be loaded at full capacity. Also, it seems to be a theme for when ORDA retires a lift that it breaks down on its last day. That happened to Lift 7 at Belleayre last year, on the last day it ever ran. They rope evac'd it, but it mostly went unnoticed because there were so few people on the lift. I wouldn't have known about it if my friend didn't tell me.

As for the gondola, it really needs help. Two days in a row it was late to open. And it had so many broken or missing cabins on Saturday. It's like they're just trying to limp it along until it gets overhauled this summer. They should not be basing their spring operating plan around it.
Burnt eventually opened very late in the day. There was a race on Echo today, the racers had to hike from Twister to hedges to get to Echo.

Back