Gore Mountain Conditions

I was in no way complaining about the number of people who showed up. I've definitely seen it more crowded. My point is that if so many customers can be there early to ski, then so can the employees needed to open the lifts on-time. It's a recurring issue for Gore and I'm far from the only one to bring it up.
Ummm, the vast majority of gore skiers do not live close by, as the employees do, and the heavy snow was difficult to navigate and clear yesterday morning, so quit your bitching ;)

Ummm, the vast majority of gore skiers do not live close by, as the employees do, and the heavy snow was difficult to navigate and clear yesterday morning, so quit your bitching ;)
Plus even if they arrived when they were supposed to it takes some time to clear the lifts ofa foot+.
First world problem.

How late was it yesterday? I was upfront, it felt like maybe 10 mins.

I hope I didn't steer you wrong on the wind @dubstar. Looks like some risk, maybe on the gondola. If so brave the quad, and skate to the high peaks chair. Then move over to straightbrook, out of the wind. If you get up top, stay there.

Does their webmeister(s) try to contradict themselves?

1710159713294.png

1710159798792.png

There’s nothing on the “activities & events" calendar for today.

I was in no way complaining about the number of people who showed up. I've definitely seen it more crowded. My point is that if so many customers can be there early to ski, then so can the employees needed to open the lifts on-time. It's a recurring issue for Gore and I'm far from the only one to bring it up.
Nah I’m with you too. It seems like they didn’t turn the clocks forward. Opening an hour late is pretty crazy with no winds . And they didn’t open summit until 930. I was one of the people waiting for the rope drop.

Nah I’m with you too. It seems like they didn’t turn the clocks forward . Opening an hour late is pretty crazy with no winds . And they didn’t open summit until 930. I was one of the people waiting for the rope drop.
at this point of the season haven't a good chunk of the volunteer patrollers hit their 18 day minimum? That might've also contributed to some delays in getting everything checked out before dropping some ropes. And with all that heavy snow downed trees were a real hazard that necessitated some thorough checking of trails and liftlines.

Relax, people.

The classic Gore powder day experience! Enjoy it guys!
So true!
Many years ago I had one of the best skiing days ever at Gore. I was living in VT. My buddy and I were heading to a ski school party when my grandfather called. It was raining in VT, my grandfather told me it was puking in Bakers Mills. We skipped the party and headed to my grandparents house. We woke up to 20+ at their house, even more on the top of Gore. We had a great day!

Back